Schools are heartless these days.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I find that just plain weird. Why the Hell would they not let him? I don't see any sense behind that at all.
I don't understand it, but at least he can still graduate. My graduation ceremony was super boring anyways. Still pathetic though.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I was pretty confused by the title until I read the OP.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
as long as he's keeping up in school, what's the problem?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Fuck those guys. Getting to walk at a graduation isn't a huge deal anyway, and the only thing this does is expose the school for the absolute gaping cunts they are.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
Fuck those guys. Getting to walk at a graduation isn't a huge deal anyway, and the only thing this does is expose the school for the absolute gaping cunts they are.

Exactly.
My walk was fucked up anyways. Forgot to bring up the card they give you since none of us were even informed to do so, and I was one of the first to go up. I wasn't popular so no one clapped for me. That, on top of having literally none of my 5 or so achievements called out since I'd left the card, just made it more of a walk of shame than one to feel good about.

Personal experience aside, it's nothing more than what the school is getting their dicks in a knot about here: What is shown. Was he at school a lot? No. Did he do his work? Yes. Why was he gone? His mother was sick. However, to them the fact that he wasn't there a lot means nothing more than "Oh, it's not right for other kids since he was barely there". Who gives a shit? So goddamn stupid.
Quote by theogonia777
I was pretty confused by the title until I read the OP.

Same. How do you ban someone from walking?

Maybe he's in a wheelchair and he's learning to walk with the help of a physical therapist, but they've banned from even doing that for whatever reason. But why would his school have any say in that, and for what possible reason would they decree such a thing?

It was quite confusing until I read that it's banned from walking in graduation.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i dont think its a big deal, but just the idea is stupid on the schools part, if he didnt miss enough to the point where it affects his grades, why does whether he walk matter?
They are doing it because they lose money for everyday a kid doesn't show up for school.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by ledzepplin6914
i dont think its a big deal, but just the idea is stupid on the schools part, if he didnt miss enough to the point where it affects his grades, why does whether he walk matter?

Pretty much. It isn't a big deal. It's still pretty damn disrespectful.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Same. How do you ban someone from walking?

Maybe he's in a wheelchair and he's learning to walk with the help of a physical therapist, but they've banned from even doing that for whatever reason. But why would his school have any say in that, and for what possible reason would they decree such a thing?

It was quite confusing until I read that it's banned from walking in graduation.

Maybe it's a nice way of saying that someone broke his legs as punishment for something, just like mobsters out of a Martin Scorsese movie or something.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
How is this a legitimate excuse to ban someone from walking during graduation?
I mean yeah the ceremony itself is kinda boring and long depending on how big your graduating class is, but its the principle of things.

I mean, it has to be obvious by now that the officials know whats going on with this kid at home, so why would it be neccessary to make this call? Noones gonna complain that its not 'fair' that he walks although he missed too many days.

Well I wish the best for his mother and him, atleast he seems to be taking the high road here

INB4 I get roped into this discussion
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012