So i pulled the two inner power tubes and one of the rectifiers on my friends dual rec (so i can used his tubes till i can get new ones for my single rec), but which Ohm jack do i plug into? He's using a Marshall 1960a cab, from what i understand the Ohm's are doubled when you pull tubes, so the 4 is now an 8, the 8 a 16, and i guess the 16 a 32, so i'm assuming i use a 4 ohm output on the head and plug it into the mono (8 ohm) input of the cab now?
I could be wrong but I recall hearing that you can't pull tubes on the Rectifiers. Something having to do with the Class wiring or something that's a bit screwy. I'll wait for a tech to confirm this before I go further...
I can't speak to the Mesas either but I run my Splawn at half power and have pulled the 2 Outer tubes. The ohm load gets cut in half, so I go from 16 to 8. Then I flip the switch to half power.

Again, can't speak to Mesa but I'm assuming it is similar. My only concern that I would have is you pulled the 2 inner tubes. Wouldn't you start with the outer ones?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I can't speak to the Mesas either but I run my Splawn at half power and have pulled the 2 Outer tubes. The ohm load gets cut in half, so I go from 16 to 8. Then I flip the switch to half power.

Again, can't speak to Mesa but I'm assuming it is similar. My only concern that I would have is you pulled the 2 inner tubes. Wouldn't you start with the outer ones?

From what i understand you can pull the inner or outer tubes, the mesa manual says to pull the inners ones so i'll stick by that, i know i've pulled them correctly but i think your right about the ohms being cut in half, wait for a techy to confirm i guess
Yes, you turn the ohms switch down one setting, e.g. 8 to 4 using the same cab.

It doesn't matter whether you pull the inside or outside pair, Mesa has you do the inside ones because the outside ones run cooler on their own since there's more space between them.