having a hard time deciding so i am asking the very good people of ultimate guitar for suggestions. Guitar is a jackson kv2 i will have it tuned to D standard. i own the emg alx in another guitar but would like to try an evo but i dont know. thanks for your future suggestions.
ALX, the KV2 has the same wood combo as alexi's ESP sigs, so it should sound exactly like those
Quote by gman128
ALX, the KV2 has the same wood combo as alexi's ESP sigs, so it should sound exactly like those

indeed it does. But before i pull the trigger on one of them i am just wondering what other people thought. thanks for the suggestion
Well depends what sort of tone you want to get and what kind of music you play, not to mention what your amp is.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Well depends what sort of tone you want to get and what kind of music you play, not to mention what your amp is.

well i kinda want a earlier bodom tone but i really wanted to try something else besides the emg alx which is why i threw in the evolution. i just have never played in person
Well still, what's your amp?
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have both a KV2, RR24, and Edwards Pink Sawtooth. I've installed the EMG ALX onto my RR24 which sounds pretty good. Toggle off that is. I leave the EQ on the one that was given in the menu. When the toggle is on it (imo) has a bit too much gain but off it has ok amount but i would prefer abit more (to match Alexis tone). My KV2 has Blackouts which also work damn fine just to add in
I believe there is a trim pot on the boost knob to set it to not increase the output quite so much, if you find the stock boost too powerful.
EMG ALX is not a pickup. It's a set including EMG HZ F-H2 and a gain boost. Btw I use evolutions and it is most focused on lead sounds. On neck you can get nice clean tones, but I slightly recommend a coil tap.
Not so sure about the gain part as I only messed around with the EQ. Just go with it. Pretty good tone outta a passive. The KV2 with the ALX will definitely have a tighter sound compared to my RR24 as theres actually a huge difference in the wood quality
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Not so sure about the gain part as I only messed around with the EQ. Just go with it. Pretty good tone outta a passive. The KV2 with the ALX will definitely have a tighter sound compared to my RR24 as theres actually a huge difference in the wood quality

i have an emg alx in my rr5 and in my kv2 i have a duncan distortion with the blackout preamp although it sounds good i just want something different. i did an a-b test and i know i would prefer the alx but i am wondering how the evo and alx compare
The evo is a really dirty pickup. If you bobble at all it'll yell at you for it.
I wouldn't reccommend it unless you play very cleanly.

That said its a huge pickup. Loud and punchy as all hell, effortless harmonics, it sounded fairly harsh though and I wasn't a big fan of how badly it cleaned up.

My buddy has one in his Ibby Sam Totman.
The evo neck has infinite sustain, pretty sweet.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
The evo is a really dirty pickup. If you bobble at all it'll yell at you for it.
I wouldn't reccommend it unless you play very cleanly.

That said its a huge pickup. Loud and punchy as all hell, effortless harmonics, it sounded fairly harsh though and I wasn't a big fan of how badly it cleaned up.

My buddy has one in his Ibby Sam Totman.
The evo neck has infinite sustain, pretty sweet.

thanks for the idea. i have read some reviews saying that it will expose you.