I've really like the Double-Cut Les Paul Shape for a while now, but I cant seem to find any big makers that make a guitar in this shape. SG's don't count. Or maybe I'm just blind. I just want to look into every DC LP that I can. Brand doesn't matter, budget is ~$800. I'm kind of just window shopping right now.

Example: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-double-cutaway-electric-guitar

But you know, not for $2000...

Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Esp has an ltd version that is a kirk hammett signature around ur budget.
Its not out yet but it might be worth the wait
I know that GFS/Xaviere offers a true Double Cutaway LP (Link: http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-580-Chambered-Double-Cutaway_c_153.html )

but it's well below your price range and probably not up to snuff, if you know what I mean, but it's a thought.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
you can find them (Gibson LP DC) easily on CL/Ebay for a pretty good price. i have definitely seen some go in your price range that you have saved up now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah second hand Gibson LP DCs are dirt cheap. They're one of the few Gibsons that really don't hold their value well, even though they're also one of the most reliable and consistent.

That said, Epiphone do (or at least did) a DC model a few years back. Dunno if it's still around. For something a bit better, take a look at Edwards; they're owned and operated by ESP, they're half MIC and half MIJ and they make some LP DC style guitars. Tokai do as well, though they're closer to Epiphone in quality.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ibanez Art Series are a bit sharper in the horns and the bridge is a bit different but it's the same basic idea.
DBZ Imperial is kind of LP DC- ish, but thinner
and in a slightly different shape than an LP...
I'd get a used one. I've got one and it's a beautiful guitar...although I did snap the headstock off a couple of years ago and had to have a luthier fix it. Still beautiful though.
Like the other folks said, you could pick up a used DC les paul, but if you want to buy new, you might like a PRS SE santana.

Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
DBZ Imperial is kind of LP DC- ish, but thinner
and in a slightly different shape than an LP...

DBZ also makes a smaller-bodied version of the Imperial called the Royale. As I recall, the mid-level versions of both are under $900.

http://www.dbzguitars.com/

And I'm pretty sure most of the major solidbody manufacturers will have some kind of guitar that generally meets that description- Ibanez, Schecter, you name it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 13, 2012,
It should be worth mentioning that there is a Faded series of the DC Les Paul. It comes with a pair of P90's instead of humbuckers, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Schecter makes the S1's. They are LP Double cutaway only I think they are a little thinner and some of them have flat tops.
Eastwood makes a nice looking one. available in two colors, Yellow and red. I have only seen it on line never in a store.