Right, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I guess it is...

I have a line6 toneport gx1, which came with podfarm.

http://soundcloud.com/theacaciaherzberg/metal-song-1

If you have a quick listen, this is a composition I was working on, some kind of heavy metal/melodic metal thing - and the tone (and my playing) is awful. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to get a good heavy lamb of god style tone, without it being massively over-driven, with way too much gain.

I've tried downloading tones, but never to much avail.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Last edited by Into Exile at Apr 13, 2012,
Waaaaaaaay too much Gain!
Turn down the Gain a bit and maybe add a TS with neutral settings to "boost" your amp!
Which model are you using? Is it the Insane or the JCM800?
What I do is having a dual tone with both coming through both speakers. Both amp settings are the same but the speakers are different with different mics. Sometimes they are the same though depending on the amp. I then turn the volume up and down to blend them in and out etc. Yeah the gain needs to be turned down. Try these 2 things and also adding a chorus pedal after the amp and have the mix on about 45-50, speed all the way up and the tempo at 240. Have that on one or both amps. Sometimes I like to turn one off. It cleans up the tone and makes it sound much fatter and chunkier as well as making it a bit more coloured and cleaner.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I was using the Spinal Puppet model actually..
I heard it was supposed to be modelled after a mesa dual rectifier

It's annoying, in PODfarm alone, my tone sounds alright, but once it's recorded, and there is 2 layers of it, its suddenly just a blur.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Last edited by Into Exile at Apr 13, 2012,
Also another thing, I would definitely recommend the Metal Shop add-on pack. The Dual Rectifier model in that is great as well as the Bogner and the Marshalls
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
You have play veeeeery tight!
That´s the key
Moderate Gain, tight playing and the right eq-ing and your sound will be good!
I find with PodFarm gain on around 3 for the treadplate model, bass high, treble low, prescence low. I have some Podfarm recordings on my profile you can get a good tone if you take your time tweaking