Well I got some basic grover tuners on my Schecter and every time I bend up a full step it makes this weird snapping sound only on the G and B strings. This happens on those strings every time I turn the peg a certain amount as well.

Did I string it wrong or are my tuners messed up or what? I know for a fact the snapping sound IS coming from the tuners also.

Think I said 'tuners' enough? Appreciate the help
Do the strings go out of tune when you bend?

Sounds like the strings are just 'setting' themselves, if that makes any sense. Like, when you turn the tuner or when you bend the strings, you're stretching them out, and it makes that sound. Sort of like when you're stretching your body and you hear your bones crack ;-) If the strings don't go out of tune it shouldn't be a problem, but it's weird that it happens *every* time you bend. I only tend to have it when I tune, if at all.
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Quote by Azunaii
Do the strings go out of tune when you bend?

Sounds like the strings are just 'setting' themselves, if that makes any sense. Like, when you turn the tuner or when you bend the strings, you're stretching them out, and it makes that sound. Sort of like when you're stretching your body and you hear your bones crack ;-) If the strings don't go out of tune it shouldn't be a problem, but it's weird that it happens *every* time you bend. I only tend to have it when I tune, if at all.

They never go out of tune, and if they do its usually cause its a fixed bridge and I'm doing continuous bends, which is rare for me.

With no exaggeration it happens with literally ever full bend and peg adjustment. Idk if its the way I strung it or what but its quite annoying to hear this "ping" every time as I just got bent vibrato down.....bit of a newb I am
I have seen the same thing occur on my cousins cheap acoustic guitar, and I'm interested to know about it too!
Could be the strings that don't sit well in the nut,
this makes a snapping sound when altering the length of the string (bending, tuning up) and since the string, nut, bridge and tuners are all connected under the same tension, it is possible to hear it at the tuning pegs.
Pencil lead in the nut and try it again.
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
Could be the strings that don't sit well in the nut,
this makes a snapping sound when altering the length of the string (bending, tuning up) and since the string, nut, bridge and tuners are all connected under the same tension, it is possible to hear it at the tuning pegs.
Pencil lead in the nut and try it again.

I'll try this next time I have to change strings, which is honestly overdue for me...thanks. Hope it works.
Quote by Malice26
I'll try this next time I have to change strings, which is honestly overdue for me...thanks. Hope it works.

I tend to get this sound when my strings are a little worn as well, mostly when tuning the G or B string back up when they've dropped a little. I really think it's just the string setting back in under the influence of tension. Changing strings will probably help a lot already :-)
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
+1 on the pencil lead (graphite) in the nut slots.

Its usually just the strings sticking and releasing. A little lube is all it needs.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Just a question, and not to doubt that method at all because I'm sure it will solve the problem, but lets say hypothetically, even after a little 'leading' and a string change the same sound keeps occurring, what next?
After that, its probably your nut is too tight on your strings. that means a visit to a tech or luthier.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I had the same problem with my strat for a while. the lower 3 trings would pop and the higher 3 would like a ping noise. basically the strings were sliding back and forth through the nut. I use heavier gauge strings now than i did then and it only happens when i come back up from a full dive on the tremalo. I never tried the pencil trick, heard it works though.
I went guitar shopping with my daughter last weekend and we bought her dream guitar, a pre-war acoustic. It's loudest acoustic I've ever heard and it makes the loudest pings when turning most of of the tuners. I mean LOUD, like a string (or something else on the guitar) is creaking then breaking. It was big bucks so it was a big concern for her. I told her it was just the string slots in the nut so we bought it anyway. We'll have to do something about it for tuning accuracy and stability.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
I have this thing to, had it on my accoustic, now on my les paul, only experience this on the high E while doing big bends, nothing goes out of tune, so i dont really care.