Hey everyone, I'm looking for a distortion or overdrive pedal that I can use to put in front of a fender front man amp..

Was thinking something along the lines of the MXR gt od or vox saturator? A tube screamer even?

Will be using it on the amps clean channel cos the built in distortion is juuuuunk!

Cheers
MD5K
IBANEZ
Any thoughts or suggestions of other pedals to checkout would be awesome
MD5K
IBANEZ
All of those you mentioned are good choices...

It'd depend on what sound your looking for..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Sorry forgot to mention that. I play mostly rock/ heavy rock and metal. But need something with a bit og versatility too, as I like to play some old school rock and blues or whatever.. But mainly for heavy stuff lol
MD5K
IBANEZ
You probably should know that an OD pedal really won't be that effective on a solid state amp. They're meant to push the tubes in a tube amp to saturate the sound, so obviously that won't be possible on a SS amp.
REGGIE
maybe boss OS-2? it has a color knob that allows you to pan between distortion and overdrive so it would be more versatile.
Quote by LeakyFlask
You probably should know that an OD pedal really won't be that effective on a solid state amp. They're meant to push the tubes in a tube amp to saturate the sound, so obviously that won't be possible on a SS amp.

So would I be better off going for a distortion pedal?
MD5K
IBANEZ
A few years ago I had a fender Princeton ss amp and I liked the boss blues driver for it. Even for heavier stuff.