More often called Drop C#.

Trivium tuned down to Drop C# on their latest album and All That Remains has been playing in Standard C# for a while now.
Quote by Kazooiej
More often called Drop C#.

Trivium tuned down to Drop C# on their latest album and All That Remains has been playing in Standard C# for a while now.

Don't forget Protest The Hero's Kezia and I think SikTh's first album too...
Quote by Sean0913
So, they'd consider Eb Tuning D# then?

As you know, Eb and D# are both the same, so there's not really much point arguing over semantics. It has to be said though, I see Eb far more than D#. As long as you understand that they're both different names for the same thing, it's not a major issue
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
As you know, Eb and D# are both the same, so there's not really much point arguing over semantics. It has to be said though, I see Eb far more than D#. As long as you understand that they're both different names for the same thing, it's not a major issue

They are in pitch, but if you are "dropping" from an Eb a whole step, then you are at a Db, as the TS indicated in context. So, in his case it's not semantics, OR an argument, unless you construe a question, an "argument".

Kind of reminds me when Marty Friedman said the relative Minor of E major was a Db...

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Apr 13, 2012,
Quote by Sean0913

Kind of reminds me when Marty Friedman said the relative Minor of E major was a Db...

Though he does make some awesome music with his fractured music theory, kinda shows how irrelevant semantics are when you have a working pair of ears.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Apr 13, 2012,
Quote by Sean0913
They are in pitch, but if you are "dropping" from an Eb a whole step, then you are at a Db, as the TS indicated in context. So, in his case it's not semantics, OR an argument, unless you construe a question, an "argument".

Apologies, I may have skim-read and misunderstood - I was just talking about D#/Eb, totally missed the whole Db thing somehow. I didn't mean argument in a negative way, I just meant it's not a major issue. Forgive me and carry on, my bad
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Pantera also tuned down slightly from standard E to get that grungy sound. I kind of like it actually and thought about trying it on my guitar, but I'm lazy and just tune to standard or drop tunings lol. Most I've done is Drop C, which you have to do all strings down so ya lol. That was annoying if you don't leave it in that tuning.
Quote by HeretiK538
Apologies, I may have skim-read and misunderstood - I was just talking about D#/Eb, totally missed the whole Db thing somehow. I didn't mean argument in a negative way, I just meant it's not a major issue. Forgive me and carry on, my bad

It happens! All good!

I teach this stuff for a living so, I kind of feel that I need to say things right....it goes with the territory

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Apr 15, 2012,
My favourite tunings are:-

Standard
Eb
Drop D
Strd C Tuning
and drop C.

My personal opinion is that drop D sounds good for most songs and it helps to hit some of the lower notes, depending how low you wanna tune your guitar sometimes you're better off getting a 7/8 string guitar rather than mess around with the tuning of a 6 string guitar. Some guitars don't make very pleasant noises if they're tuned too low.