Hey guys, RS93 here.

I've decided to mod the '64 Melody Maker. Not because it's Bad, I just feel it could be a lot better. For everyone who's probably fainting right now, no I'm not routing the body or cutting up the pickguard.

I've been working with Wolfe Macleod of Wolfetone Pickups to develop a retrofit P90 for the 50's-60's Melody Makers. Unlike certain other companies (*cough*Lollar*cough*) Wolfe isn't making entirely new parts Just for this pickup. It wouldn't sound like a P90 if he did. So we took a Soapbar P90, took the cover off, trimmed a dogear baseplate a couple hundredths of an inch, and soldered Humbucker feet under the dogear tabs for threading.

The pickup is wound to 8.49K, a nice step up from the 7.27K of the stock pickup. I'm buying a new pickguard from WD Music and having it routed for the new pickup, then transferring the rest of the harness over. So don't worry guys, it's reversible!

That pickup and pickguard are on their way. But today I got the Other part I needed.

$80 for a barely-used Tonepros AVT-II wraparound with studs? Not bad I say. I'm gonna be stringing her up with the Eric Johnson sig Nickel Rockers shown below. Love this set; nice and heavy in the bass and standard light gauge in the treble strings. Doesn't hurt that I got 2 sets for $8

And now the pics

My spoils for today

The original wraptail

The new shiny adjustable one

-Ryan
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)

That enough pics? :P
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
Quote by Telecaster7
Yum

I love the one-piece body and one-piece neck. You really feel every note and chord right in your gut. Plus it barely weighs 7 pounds.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals