well i want to build my own home studio (not a uber profesional one) and at this moment mis buy list is:
D.a.w: studio one v2
interfaz: M-audio ultra R8
mixer:a behringer mixer, i don´t know which model yet
guitar: ibanez prestige
G.amplifier:peavy 6505 + with a orange cab
bass: a G&L n-2000
B.ampliefier: i don´t know yet
drums: yamaha
mics: i want to buy sennheiser, but don´t know if 7k are enough, because here in México the mic set for drums (sennheiser) cost like 1700 U$D. my current plan for the studio is record my albums, and then give it to my audio enginer, but he use Pro tools in his studio, i hate pro tools so much, it doesn´t have anything and is just a copy from different D.a.ws. but i don't know if studio one is the best chose, i mean , i love it but it may be a problem with the sessions.
what would you change from my list? and why
"Una vez invitados a ejercer el escrutinio crítico, será demasiado tarde para volver a recurrir a la fe ciega."

Gear:
Eleven rack
Ibanez RT
Studio One 2
IK Stealth Pedal
Redwirez Impulses
Last edited by guitarwarrior96 at Apr 13, 2012,
I'd suggest

Superior drummer and electronic kit
Ampeg vst..cheap bass guitar

Lower wattage amp you can drive..snort watt I'd a
mazing
High quality preanps
High quality range of mics
Acoustic treatment
I'd definitely recommend acoustic treatment.
And decent headphones and monitors.
Are you going to be recording and mixing and than sending it away for mastering?
Or just recording - and then sending it away for mixing and mastering?

Either way - if you are recording - especially if you are recording drums you probably want to treat your room pretty well.
As for microphones: I [personally] wouldn't buy a drum pack or anything like that. I'd buy them separately.

I don't really see the problem with the daws that you and the audio engineer use. You just need to bounce the tracks down as .wav files or some other audio file and send those to the audio engineer I'd think.
RIP Gooze

cats
You could also just get a license for reaper, it's $60. Compared to Studio One Pro for $400.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Mulefish, nice song quote. Lo me gusta mucho.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
$7,000? Well Shit...

Reaper.
Steinberg MR816X. (GET A FIREWIRE INTERFACE! I get 1.4ms latency in and out in Reaper. Like 5ms or so in Pro Tools 10)
Yamaha HS80M monitors.
Superior Drummer.
Alesis Control Pad.
6505+ with Orange cab is good, make sure to get an ISP Decimator with that. I use a Pro Rack G and it's amazing, don't have an experience with the pedal to compare it to though.

I know there's some more you want, but off the top of my head this is a little over half your budget.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I know there's some more you want, but off the top of my head this is a little over half your budget.
____
(Invalid img)