Page 1 of 2
Just wondering about you guys, cause something that happened to me recently has really been bothering me.

I was at the house of one of my dads friends. He has a room full of instruments like guitars, basses, and keyboards. Also, a bunch of really good amps that he made himself. He is primarily a keyboard player.

He's into rock and blues music that that was popular when he was young. (Dragon, The Animals, Dire Straits a lot of blues guitarist and blues rock guitarists, and certainly nothing heavier than Jimi Hendrix or Deep Purple).

Not bad, a lot of stuff I enjoy too. We talk about that sort of music for a while, stuff we are both into. He asks more about what I listen to. I mention that as well as all that stuff that he listen too, I have been listening to metal for years and really love it. Bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica got me into it, and now I listen to all sorts of different things in the genre.

He looks at me with derision/contempt/scorn, and says "It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it"

-_-

I'd understand his comment if I was some 13 year old kid who went "OMG, METUL IS TEH BRUTAAALZ, DETH TO ALLZ BUT MHETUL!".

But I'm 17 years old, we showed a shared interest in one kind of music, and I mention that another kind that he doesn't enjoy is something I really love and have loved for a long time, and he called it a phase I'll grow out off. I was annoyed to say the least.

What abotu you guys?
When element4433 said that Kenan and Kel was never funny and that I was just a nostalgia loser for liking it
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by So-Cal
It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it.

+1

I used to like metallicuuuzz when I was 16 too. Don't worry bout it brah
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
He's an old man, thats what they do
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
He respects you enough to believe that you're better than being a metal fan. You should be flattered he has such faith in you to not be a knuckle-dragging plebe.
It's just a grow, you'll phase out of it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
He isn't really worth the time you spend on him. Musical tastes =/= a measure of maturity. Unless you're listening to the Tweenies soundtrack, that is.

Eh, people don't really condescend me. The only time I can think of is when I was trying to inform a teacher that I was "double booked" and that I'd have to miss the tutor group (I had a project meeting thing for psychology), and she just brushed me off and said "That's very good" and ignored me. I just left for psychology. Why rise to it
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
A person talked shit about a genre of music they don't care for? No wai!
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
When I went to buy my first electric guitar and I asked the guy that was working there that I was looking to buy my first guitar the dude says: "Oh, you already finished Guitar Hero?". I wanted to fucking punch him
Quote by VillainousLatin
When I went to buy my first electric guitar and I asked the guy that was working there that I was looking to buy my first guitar the dude says: "Oh, you already finished Guitar Hero?". I wanted to fucking punch him

Oh, my god I have to use that one if I ever work at a guitar store.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have an IQ of 180. I am a Saturation Certified Diver who has taught Rape Self Defense and combat Martial Arts to Black Belts. I am an endurance motorcyclist who rides 1000 miles at a stretch just for the hell of it. I used to be an Olympic class power lifter. I am published in poetry and physics. I've been Shot, Stabbed, Run Over, Thrown Through Windows, and once faced down a guy who had shot a crack dealer unarmed. In my youth I used to swim white water rapids for fun and raced supercharged go-carts.

People Condescend to me all the time.

I am used to it.

I think they do it in self-defense.
HA! Yeah..well...not to sound harsh, but he's sort of right. The stuff I listened to three years ago are bands that I hardly think twice about, these days.

You'll probably ALWAYS like metal, but I'm sure, when he was 17, someone told him that he'll grow out of Dire Straits.

Obviously, he did not.

The bottom line is...I wouldn't let it bother you. This dude is like 40 or 50? Let him think what he wants.

I've noticed that a lot of older musicians take younger musicians lightly until you can show them what you can really do.

I've always been into the classics, growing up. I mean, I started, like most rock fans, with classic rock, moved to classic metal, and then onto newer stuff. I've never been able to hold a conversation with an older player because he will always interrupt with "Hey...I saw Sabbath in 78', two weeks before Ozzy was fired. You know nothing of their work."

It's a task, for sure.

Again, let it be.
Quote by seabear70
I have an IQ of 180. I am a Saturation Certified Diver who has taught Rape Self Defense and combat Martial Arts to Black Belts. I am an endurance motorcyclist who rides 1000 miles at a stretch just for the hell of it. I used to be an Olympic class power lifter. I am published in poetry and physics. I've been Shot, Stabbed, Run Over, Thrown Through Windows, and once faced down a guy who had shot a crack dealer unarmed. In my youth I used to swim white water rapids for fun and raced supercharged go-carts.

I am used to it.

...cool story bro.
I do feel awkward when I look back on things I felt in the past that people would probably say were "just a phase" and how annoyed I'd feel at them saying that, then realise now they'd be completely right...

As a teenager you feel so justified and sensible in your feelings, then you look back and think "Christ... what was that about..."
Quote by seabear70

I am used to it.

Don't worry, you'll learn to use grammar properly one day, too! Keep up the good work, buddy.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Apr 13, 2012,
There isn't a single thing that pisses me off more than someone being condecending.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by seabear70

I am used to it.

It's ok, people lie about their achievements all the time. We understand, don't worry.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Don't worry, you'll learn to use grammar properly one day, too! Keep up the good work, buddy.

lol

At this point, it's unlikely.

The only classes I've ever failed were English and Accounting.

This explains much.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare

Don't worry, one day you'll be initially correct when you attempt to condescend someone for making an error!
Quote by metal4all
A person talked shit about a genre of music they don't care for? No wai!
I used to, I admit, but it's incredibly immature to do it.

Quote by VillainousLatin
That comment just reeks of someone who hates their job

Quote by p_a_morgan
I've noticed that a lot of older musicians take younger musicians lightly until you can show them what you can really do.

Again, let it be.
Those older musicians often seem to be a bit up their own asses. The younguns havea lot of potential. I agree with bold.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
i ask a lot of shit. when i asked my teacher in primary school 'why is the moon round' and 'why are all planets round' she said 'what else is it going to be, a square?'. i replied with 'why isn't it a square' and she sent me to the head teacher. i still have ****ing questions like that and discouraging them is the worst thing you can possibly do. i still don't understand the ****ing answer
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I went to a local guitar tech who has a really good reputation to get my guitar fixed. Dude was an asshole in how he handled everything, and the weirdest/douchiest part was when I handed him my guitar, he looks it over and asks "Did you sand the neck, brah?"

Yes, Bill Richardson, I took fucking sand paper to my guitar.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i ask a lot of shit. when i asked my teacher in primary school 'why is the moon round' and 'why are all planets round' she said 'what else is it going to be, a square?'. i replied with 'why isn't it a square' and she sent me to the head teacher. i still have ****ing questions like that and discouraging them is the worst thing you can possibly do. i still don't understand the ****ing answer

Gravitation holmes.
Quote by laid-to-waste

The gravity of a planets pulls matter inward to the core thus, creating a sphere. Smaller celestial objects, such as asteroids, are often irregular shapes because they don't have enough force from gravity pulling the matter to the center.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Apr 13, 2012,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Don't worry, one day you'll be initially correct when you attempt to condescend someone for making an error!

I only skimmed his post. Originally, I wrote "capital letters" in place of "grammar". I changed it when I realised he'd made more grammatical mistakes than incorrect capital letter usage, I didn't correct any grammatical mistakes (if there were any) of my own.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
I only skimmed his post. Originally, I wrote "capital letters" in place of "grammar". I changed it when I realised he'd made more grammatical mistakes than incorrect capital letter usage, I didn't correct any grammatical mistakes (if there were any) of my own.

I can't Speel eIthr!
Quote by funkbass369
The gravity of the planets pull matter inward to the core thus creating a sphere. Smaller celestial objects such as asteroids are often irregular shapes because they don't have enough force from gravity pulling the matter to the center.

if somebody asked me that question, i'd say the exact same ****ing thing, what it is i'm trying to say is i don't understand the answer
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by seabear70
I can't Speel eIthr!

You also lack the common sense to be able to tell a good lie.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by laid-to-waste
if somebody asked me that question, i'd say the exact same ****ing thing, what it is i'm trying to say is i don't understand the answer

What don't you understand about it?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by laid-to-waste

Ok, imagine a billion ping-pong balls floating in space an equal distance apart.

They each have identical mass and density.

Over time they will start to move towards each other and form larger masses.

The larger masses will increase the local density and cause more ping-pong balls to float towards them.

The Force, assuming they were all equal distance apart in the beginning, wil lbe equal in all directions.

The result will be that the center of the original mass will wind up being the point where everything gathers.

As a result the even force in all directions will force the final mass to be round. The balls will essentially roll down hill until they reach the bottom.

Now, if you want to understand how gravity itself works, you are out of luck. Last I read on the subject, there were a lot of theories, but no one was really sure.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You also lack the common sense to be able to tell a good lie.

You're right...

I'm actually a 14 year old bisexual supermodel.
Page 1 of 2