Today I plugged the cable inside my Strats jack and the sound disappeared. Noticed that the nut was moving. Took it off and saw that the black ground wire had come off. So Ive decided to replace both hot(white) and ground(black) wires along with jack. Bought new jack but I got no clue where to find those wires.

How they are commonly called? Any specific repuirements on those wires?
Silly question I guess but Ill rather ask than act without knowledge.

Thanks.
Why not just use the current wires. Just solder them onto the new jack.
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Why not just use the current wires. Just solder them onto the new jack.

They look pretty bad. And Im soon building my own project so this is good practice.
Go to any electronics supply, or car parts store, and get 20-22 gauge "STRANDED" wire.

Make sure to get the stranded wire. Do not get the solid, like in your house's electrical wire.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
Go to any electronics supply, or car parts store, and get 20-22 gauge "STRANDED" wire.

Make sure to get the stranded wire. Do not get the solid, like in your house's electrical wire.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if Id put a bigger gauge wire?

Like 0,75mm.Its just a little bit thicker than the current ones.Well actually its as thick as my 50gauge E string.
Last edited by Elderer at Apr 23, 2012,
It's fine. Nothing will be different. Wire just needs to be thick enough to handle the power you're putting through it, and a guitar generates a tiny signal. Bigger wire is unnecessary and sometimes harder to work with, but you have some lying around there's no real reason not to use it.
Quote by Roc8995
It's fine. Nothing will be different. Wire just needs to be thick enough to handle the power you're putting through it, and a guitar generates a tiny signal. Bigger wire is unnecessary and sometimes harder to work with, but you have some lying around there's no real reason not to use it.

Cool,thanks.
Im pretty good with soldering. Its just that I thought something might fry up-thicker wire,more power going thru it. Dont remember much from physics about electricity. Still,ty for clearing that up.