Anyone know where in the heck to get a Jaguar body blank to build from in the UK?

I've always wanted a Jaguar like crazy but given the prices they've gone up to these days I can't afford, so I'm looking into the custom build route (there is a place local to me I can get spraying and such done at).

I can only see Strat/Tele/Occasionally LP bodies in the UK, and even then they're scarce. Where on earth is the UK's warmoth equivalent at?!
Oooh, cheers man.

Worry is that Jaguar kit is only £99 with pickups and all the rest.

I've found a site that does custom orders, I'll contact and ask if they're able to cut a Jaguar body. They sell blank blocks of wood so one can only hope.

It's Guitarbuild.co.uk for the record. Anyone had any experiences?
Last edited by spleenharvester at Apr 13, 2012,
My searching skills must be hopeless haha, I was looking for one for aaaages the other night, couldn't find a trace.

EDIT: Turned out the Jaguar is more similar to the Jazzmaster than I thought, the neck is the only really noticeable difference. Bodies are more or less the same.

http://www.diyguitarshop.co.uk/kits.htm#jm

Given the price, with some Duncans in it is this likely to be a nice sounding axe?
I can probably cut you one if you get desperate, price would depend on wood choice, and whether you wanted cavities routed
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by end_citizen
I really like the sound of P90s, but that is a matter of preference. I would try out the stock pickups before upgrading.

P90s sound nice from what I've heard. Just seems that £135 for a near entire guitar minus finish and a few holes drilled seems too little to be of quality lol.

Quote by GABarrie
I can probably cut you one if you get desperate, price would depend on wood choice, and whether you wanted cavities routed

Sweet, good to know. How much would 3-piece Alder with two humbuckers + routed cavities cost, out of interest? (EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean humbucker cavities )

Hopefully guitarbuild will respond, they seem to have done custom orders before (I found some custom Tele on another forum) so fingers crossed.

If I managed to get hold of one, I will keep you all updated on how the building goes.
PM'd you
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb