I know theres tons of sites an kits for building things like little marshall clones but where would one go to learn the art of making something big in watts an high gain like a DAR? i know if you dont know what you're doing its obviously better to start small and do the kits an the little clones but not everyone is into the brit classic rock sound! any help appreciated
you start at the beginning and work your way to the end.

like you gotta build the small stuff first or the big stuff will probably kill you.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
It's a really really heavily modded Champ.

Start with a Champ, then work your way up.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
You have to start small, as when you get to high gain sounds good wiring practice is crucial to not have a hissing feedbacking mess of an amp
What i'd really like to end with is a clone of a future breed machine, by dar, its just in my opinion the best sounding amp to my ears, and on the champ thing do you guys have any websites i can reference? on the champ or on amp building in general?
I recommend you start with pedals first?
id love to give that a go, but i dont have much money or a real legitamite amp to benefit from any of that (line 6 interface) any references for that as well as the amps?
Quote by Dakota1810
id love to give that a go, but i dont have much money or a real legitamite amp to benefit from any of that (line 6 interface) any references for that as well as the amps?

Unless you have a lot of stuff already laying around and already know exactly what you're not going to save money by building your own amp (alirght, sans $5000 dumbles and vintage marshalls and such).... its more of a hobby thats a continous money pit
Thanks for that little project, and yeah i kinda figured it might end up being of those types of hobbies :| better start working hard cause it is something that fascinates me and id love to get into it

any good references for all the bits an parts that go inside and how they work and affect the sound? plus a good place to learn to read schematics well, i do have a basic understanding an know a wee bit but im no good to be honest
Honestly, your favorite tool is Google.com.

No idea how op amps work. I think there is a faerie in then.