Hey guys, well basically I'm having some problems tuning my guitar. I have a chromatic tuner but the problem is, is the guitar isn't really working with me. Here's my guitar http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/IbanezRG350M_BKlarge.png the head stock is what I want you to look at, basically when I want to change my guitar tuning from standard to something like, let's say drop C. When I tune down one string it affects the others, e.g. I tune down the the E to C then after eventually going through all the strings by the end of it that C has become like a D or Eb and similar things happen to the other strings. Got any tips for me?
That's normal with a guitar but it's probably a lot worse since you have a floating bridge. My best advice is to (well, block your trem) but overshoot it. If the C has become a D by the end, tune it to like a B instead.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Try tuning the E string, then e string, then A string, then B string, then D string, and finally G string. This should work.
Well with a floating bridge if you're tuning down 2 steps you have to make sure to adjust the springs on the back so that when you're in drop C (I'm assuming Drop C Standard?) the bridge is level, exactly like it would be if you were tuned in E Standard. Once I figured that out it made tuning with my Floyd Rose a lot easier. It would only take 15-20 minutes to change a string as opposed to the 30-60 mins it used to take me.

Oh make sure to follow what ZeroBassist said first, drop the tuning of the strings in that order, adjust springs, etc until everything stays in tune and the bridge is level.
That's normal with a floating bridge. Tuning one string will affect all the others. Tuning one string down will make the other strings go sharp to even out the tension between the strings and the springs in the back.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by ZeroBassist
Try tuning the E string, then e string, then A string, then B string, then D string, and finally G string. This should work.

Thanks I'll give that a go now
Alright this is seriously getting on my nerves now, this stupid guitar just doesn't like being in tune
On the contrary, your guitar loves being in tune, what it hates is changing tunings. Floating bridges are designed to stay in one tuning, its not an exaggeration to say it could take the best part of half an hour to change tunings if it's a big change, but if you're also using strings that are too light it's going to be practically impossible to get it stable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com