Copy and pasted to help this go as smooth as possible !

Budget? - Not sure, 500 - 800ish CAD

Genres? - Currently in a punk band, I like my gain high. It also needs to be able to play chili peppers funky kinda stuff too though.
Metal, Punk, Funk

New or Used? - Absolutely no problem with used, kijiji is the best

Home or Gig? - Both, going to start touring and all of that too, so the more portable the better. I'd really like to find a cheap Orange 1x12 cab and throw a Peavey 5150 head on it or something.

Closest City? - I'm in the GTA, closest city is Toronto

Current Gear? - I currently have a PRS SE Custom 24 (the 25th anniversary model) and I have a Peavey XXX super 40 combo

- Must be tube
- I like the idea of making the jump to Head/cab but the right combo is fine
- I plan on getting an OD pedal, and maybe some sort of fuzz too

Also, would a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe suit my needs? I see the combos going for around 500 brand new

Thanks !
just give me a fender and let me rip
Great thread....thanks for your structure.

You mention a 5150 and then a Hot Rod Deluxe. Pretty much opposites. Not sure I think of either of those when I think of Chili Peppers, punk and funk.

what about Traynor?

any used Traynors around you or a Marshall DSL half stack?
Yeah I know, haha but if either one of those amps can reach a sort of middle ground between them with or without help of a pedal, that would be nice haha

I've never looked into anything Traynor but I'm sure theres a few used ones kicking around somewhere. How are they? Any particular models to check out?

And as far as a half stack goes, thats too big for portability reasons, I'm not really looking for something that large, a 1x12 or 2x12 should work just fine for me

Thanks for you reply also !
Traynor YCV/YCS

DSL 50/100

There are good cabs out there if you poke around. Find out what speakers the cab has and we can help you from there. Often the cab brand alone won't be enough info.

Egnater makes good stuff too.
Thanks guys I'll look into the traynors, and maybe a Fender hot rod and throwing a Metal Muff infront of it?