A killer hangover has left me in on a Friday night, watching TV.

I just noticed that in American TV programmes they seem to use their right hand for forks, and left hands for knives.

Yeah, exciting stuff
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
It doesn't depend on your dominant hand?
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
I eat with my mouth.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Apparently not. I just mentioned this to my friend who claims to be right handed but uses her right hand for her fork. It seems to be the norm in American shows, however.

I just realised on American military uniforms the flag is always a mirror image of the actual flag as well.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I eat left handed with a fork and knife, right handed with a spoon and just a fork.

To me, that's normal.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
I'm american and I use my left hand for fork and right for knife when I'm cutting but when I go to put it in my mouth I switch the fork to my right hand.
Quote by thelordofdarkch
I'm american and I use my left hand for fork and right for knife when I'm cutting but when I go to put it in my mouth I switch the fork to my right hand.

I learned that Americans do this. I'm disgusted to share a continent with you barbarians.
I'm American, right handed, and I use the knife in right hand... pretty sure the knife goes in the dominant hand.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Junglie
I just realised on American military uniforms the flag is always a mirror image of the actual flag as well.

No, it faces that way because it is supposed to show that the flag is blowing in the wind as you are moving forward.
My friend's right handed and uses her fork in her right hand.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
I'm right handed and hold my fork in my right hand. The other (proper) way doesn't make sense; you need to be more precise with your fork than your knife in pretty much every circumstance.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Dominant hand handles the knife, other one holds the prey down.
Quote by thelordofdarkch

I'm American and what is this.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Dirge Humani
No, it faces that way because it is supposed to show that the flag is blowing in the wind as you are moving forward.

Well I didn't know that. But it is still pretty much a mirror image isn't it?
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Quote by Todd Hart
The other (proper) way doesn't make sense; you need to be more precise with your fork than your knife in pretty much every circumstance.

How precise do you need to be to hit your own mouth? The precision and strength is needed in cutting.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I use my right hand for a fork. Unless I'm at a restaurant, I don't even use knives. I usually just pick up the meat and shove it in my mouth.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I use my knife in my dominant, right, hand and fork in my non-dominant. I keep the fork in my left.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by eGraham
I use my right hand for a fork. Unless I'm at a restaurant, I don't even use knives. I usually just pick up the meat and shove it in my mouth.

Pretty much this. Most food doesn't need to be cut anyway, just some idiot deemed it etiquette
Quote by jthm_guitarist
How precise do you need to be to hit your own mouth? The precision and strength is needed in cutting.

Nothing worth eating requires any effort or precision to cut, whereas many things require some kind of dexterity with your fork (rice, peas, corn etc)
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Fork with left and knife with right, any other way and you should be euthanised.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I'm right handed. Fork in right, knife in left.
I don't see why people have it the other way around, then switch over. If you're going to be putting the food in your mouth with your right hand, you may as well learn to cut with your left and avoid some inconvenience.
This is so weird... I was taught to set a table when I was young - forks go on the left of the plate, knives go on the right. I never imagined anyone would do it otherwise, even my left-handed mother eats that way.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I eat left handed with a fork and knife, right handed with a spoon and just a fork.

This.
I eat with a fork in my right hand. I'm right handed, and not American.

How do you explain that?

EDIT: Another odd thing about me: I never use spoons. I hate them. I also don't eat soup. If they put it in a mug, then fine. But in a bowl? **** off. And I eat cereal straight from the bowl, by putting my mouth on the edge.

I dislike the act of eating, but enjoy the taste and satisfaction.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 13, 2012,
Quote by thelordofdarkch

This.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Another odd thing about me: I never use spoons. I hate them. I also don't eat soup. If they put it in a mug, then fine. But in a bowl? **** off. And I eat cereal straight from the bowl, by putting my mouth on the edge.

I sincerely hope this was sarcasm.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I use the side of the fork as a knife if no one gives me a knife because I have a bad habit of accidentally dropping knives on my feet.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

I dislike the act of eating, but enjoy the taste and satisfaction.

This.
cat
Quote by Junglie
A killer hangover has left me in on a Friday night, watching TV.

I just noticed that in American TV programmes they seem to use their right hand for forks, and left hands for knives.

Yeah, exciting stuff

What's weird about that? That's how I use a knife and fork, though I am a southpaw for stuff like that.

In reality the image on the TV is probably inverted.
Fork and spoon on right, knife on left.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
You are odd.
ggg1 ggg3

If I'm not in a classy restaurant, I just use the knife in my right hand and eat the meat off of the knife.

EDIT: I hold the fork in the left.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Apr 13, 2012,
You're all barbarians and I hope your mothers aren't alive to hear of your poor manners. Also, to ^ how do you cut the meat without a fork? Surely it needs to be held in place in order to be efficiently and precisely cut.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
i stab my food with a fork and eat it to the center

**** knives
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Child In Time
I sincerely hope this was sarcasm.

My gut dictates that I never jest about food.

And why is it that my rituals beg for your sincerest hopes?
I can't remember how I hold my utensils now that I'm thinking about it.
I think I hold my fork in my right and knife in my left even though I set the table with my fork on the left and knife on the right.
It's got nothing to do with nationality. Typically fork or spoon always goes in the dominant hand. But people can do what they want because it doesn't matter at all.

I'm lefthanded, use fork and spoon with my left hand and knife with my right, not that anyone cares. But if I'm stabbing someone, I use my left hand. For extra strength and deeper lacerations.