I have been ALL over google for a long time. Many people are posting and asking about the cathode follower position but I have yet to find one that actually tells me which v slot is the cathode follower. To my understanding the 6505+ (120 watt head not combo) has one. Are there more? which exact slot(s) is it?

Assuming its the same as the 5150II:
V4 V3 V5 V2 V1 V6
I dont understand what V3b means. I saw a list someone put together with like 12 slots with a's and b's. Does that mean that its a combination of more than one slot?

EDIT:

In fact, here is the list I found:

V1A - Input for both channels (1st gain stage)
V1B - 2nd lead gain stage
V2A - 3rd lead gain stage
V2B - 4th lead gain stage
V5B - 5th lead gain stage
V5A - 6th lead gain stage (driving tone stack from the anode)
V3B - FX loop driver for both channels
V3A - FX loop recovery stage for both channels
V4A + V4B - Phase Inverter
V6A - 2nd clean gain stage
V6B - 3rd clean gain stage (driving tone stack from the anode)
Last edited by osakamitsu at Apr 13, 2012,
12AX7 are dual triode tubes, each tube has got two seperate elements in it that can be used for two different things

edit: by that list you posted V5A would be the cathode follower for the dirty channel, and apparently V6B for the clean channel
Last edited by seljer at Apr 13, 2012,
Ok, I understand that... but if there are certain tubes I want to avoid putting them in the cathode follower path, which slot would I avoid?

edit:

So are you saying the cathode positions are both V5 and V6??
Im curious as to how you know its V3, or seljer who said V5A & V6B from the list I posted? Is the FX loop usually a cathode follower on most amps?

I did get the impression from another forum that it was V5....

Im so confused. lol