That my 5 watt amp overpowered PA's and refused to quiet down...well its happening again...I really wish that the PA's were more powerful...does anybody know how to suck more juice out of them?
What the hell kinda PA are you using? A hifi system?
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
I think the person who dumped the juice in your pa should have to buy a new one cause it's probly fried
This is not a PA....

Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes

Seriously?

wut.

wut....
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yeah it should be able to keep up with the drummer ok turned up to get that much distortion. Let's see you do it with an actual clean sound.

Bottom line, if a Class 5 drowns out your PA then you need a new PA.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
great then you win. a 5 watt amp cranked is the same volume as a 100watt clean amp.

so whats the deallio.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
i will admit, it is tempting to poke fun, i'll try and remain serious

Quote by jrenkert
That my 5 watt amp overpowered PA's and refused to quiet down...well its happening again

i am a bit confused

was there a change at some point? was the PA loud enough to keep up with the amp after some period of time? or was the PA always lacking?

if this problem is intermittent then you may have a broken PA.

Quote by jrenkert
...I really wish that the PA's were more powerful...does anybody know how to suck more juice out of them?

the guitar amp has one big advantage over the PA where loudness is concerned: it's speaker is probably far more efficient and doesn't need a full range response. this makes your amp quite a bit louder with all other parameters held constant.

so how do you make the PA louder?
-upgrade to more efficient speakers. a speaker with a higher sensitivity will sound louder (usually at the cost of more weight or less fidelity).
-connect more speakers. PA's are generally solid state, hooking more speakers in parallel will actually drop the impedance and increase power output, as well as increase projection area of the speaker

sounds like you have a pretty crappy PA. a full on upgrade would probably be prudent.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Apr 16, 2012,