I'm just off the back of two night shifts with about 3 hours sleep between them, yet I'm still not in bed despite being home for about 3 hours already.

I tell you this because the insanity of tiredness has just kicked in. The first thing to go, my reading comprehension skills.

I just read two thread titles at the same time and was severely disappointed (why the hell won't Chrome suggest that spelling when I type in dissapointed by accident?) to find that the thread I thought I saw didn't exist.
And "The most condescending anyone has ever been to a kung fu master" held so much promise as well

I'm tempted to stay up and see how long it is before my vision goes crazy.

Who else experiences the "knackereds"? And how fun are they for you?
I've done a couple 50+ hour stints in the army. Can't say I enjoyed it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by SG_dave
I just read two thread titles at the same time and was severely disappointed (why the hell won't Chrome suggest that spelling when I type in dissapointed by accident?) to find that the thread I thought I saw didn't exist.

I do this all the time. Not with thread titles, but reading two lines of text at the same time and having them flow together.
I don't think I've ever experienced that, but I think you should stay up for as long as possible OP!
Pulled an all nighter last year. No sleep for more than 24 straight hours made me do weird things in accounting class. I wrote notes on my paper that had nothing to do with money or accounting.
Quote by BuckinFuffalo
I don't think I've ever experienced that, but I think you should stay up for as long as possible OP!

I did a sleep dep thread a few years ago, shit was not cash. Me and a few mates aimed for about 4 days, I think we had all crashed by around 80 hours. After a few days your peripheral vision goes and shadows start to move and look like spiders and shit.

You also start talking gibberish and not finishing thoughts.

I do not want to go back to that hell.

Edit: Just looked back for the thread, I was wildly exaggerating it seems. We aimed for 72, dunno how long we lasted as my last post was at about 17 hours in. I do know we beat our previous record of 48 hours though.
Last edited by SG_dave at Apr 13, 2012,
Quote by SG_dave
I did a sleep dep thread a few years ago, shit was not cash. Me and a few mates aimed for about 4 days, I think we had all crashed by around 80 hours. After a few days your peripheral vision goes and shadows start to move and look like spiders and shit.

You also start talking gibberish and not finishing thoughts.

I do not want to go back to that hell.

That sounds incredible :O
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I think I only did something similar when I graduated from High School

Did the whole bit then went to like some giant arcade thing till the wee hours in the morning. Branched off with a group of friends, got breakfast hung out, went to work later on, went to an impromptu jam which followed going into this drummers house where I passed out after smoking half a joint. I was pretty beat.
Quote by PussyPunk182
That sounds incredible :O

No, it's like the worst comedown ever.
For the last 4 hours me and the guy who came up with the idea just stared each other out as we tried to stay awake, we couldn't articulate what we were doing though.
Not fun. I was awake for almost 3 days (with a few naps) until last night. That sleep was the best sleep I've ever had.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 13, 2012,
I'm used to pulling off stupid sleep scheduels for a long period of time. When I was younger (maybe around 14-15) there was this camping trip where a group of girls stayed up for almost Two days straight and by the end they were pretty messed up. Very delusional.

BTW, I made that thread for you Dave!
Quote by Jako215
I'm used to pulling off stupid sleep scheduels for a long period of time. When I was younger (maybe around 14-15) there was this camping trip where a group of girls stayed up for almost Two days straight and by the end they were pretty messed up. Very delusional.

BTW, I made that thread for you Dave!

Do you remember Grimm's Sleep Deprivation thread? What happened to him?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I've done 30 hour shifts designing circuit boards quite often.
Things start getting a bit fuzzy after awhile.

Also when I worked at the prison, I worked 22 double shifts in a row. 16 hours a day, 22 days without a day off. Kinda sucked.
I once spent just over two days awake when I had friends visiting. I had to get them to London and then to the airport, turned out their flight was the next day so we went back to London and spent the night just wandering around, then took them back to the airport, missed my last coach back so I had to wait at the coach station for the first morning departure. When I got back I met one of my housemates at the door, apparently I tried to make conversation with him but everything came out as complete gibberish. Then I went for a shower to try and wake myelf up and fell asleep in the bathroom. My housemates thought I was tripping or something
🙈 🙉 🙊
i know i;m tired when the ambien kicks in and i start having trouble typing and i can't comprehend half of the posts on here, then i go to bed.