I have a problem with the pick up switch whenever i switch to a different pickup the sound is lowered i have to keep switching back and forth to make the sound at normal level! What could be causing this problem? What do i have to do to fix it? I have 2 volumes and one tone knob so i use the switch alot when practicing as a turning off and on sort of thing, no doubt this probably helped in causing this problem but whatever. The pick ups are active seymour duncan blackouts! Thanks!
Quote by DeadF18
Tried changing the batteries for the pickups?

Yeah i have tried that many times but no, i honestly don't think it's that!
could be a battery, definitely worth trying that.

could also be a dirty or dead switch. try opening the switch cavity and cleaning the switch with compressed air. if this, plus swapping the battery, doesn't work, it may be time to replace the switch or go to a shop.
Quote by krehzeekid
could be a battery, definitely worth trying that.

could also be a dirty or dead switch. try opening the switch cavity and cleaning the switch with compressed air. if this, plus swapping the battery, doesn't work, it may be time to replace the switch or go to a shop.

I tried the battery already didn't work :/ But yeah i'll try that cleaning it if not i seriously think i might have to replace the switch!
Quote by Shogun_23
I tried the battery already didn't work :/ But yeah i'll try that cleaning it if not i seriously think i might have to replace the switch!

not much to think about. a good switch is around $10 and, if you know how to solder, can be installed in a couple minutes.
Quote by krehzeekid
not much to think about. a good switch is around $10 and, if you know how to solder, can be installed in a couple minutes.

Thanks! That's refreshing i thought it would take long and hard to do! So yeah i think my Dad can soder it if it comes down to it! Thanks alot man!
It's probably a dirty switch.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Raise the pickup with the lower volume...?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Pick up a can of tuner cleaner from RadioShack. Pull the switch and spray it down. Try to keep it away from any plastics, it may not damage them, but why take any chances. If that fails, then replace the switch.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77