Hi there!

This is my situation: I own a heavy Yamaha expression for keyboards that I love. Now I turned quasi-guitarist (I got a Rhodes. Nice...) and am building a pedalboard for which I would need a volume pedal but here's my question: Are there any reasonably cheap effects pedals with an expression pedal input that will control volume?

I am buying overdrive, phaser, and tremolo boxes anyway, so if you know of any decent stompboxes (I'm thinking tremolos might have this?) that will allow me to connect my exp pedal, you'd make my life a lot easier.

Thank you very much!
Well, I had a Digitech RP-55 that did what I think you're talking about. The pedal itself was kind of mediocre, but I think it or one of the higher-end versions of it would work for your situation.
There are a couple of different ways to wire up a keyboards expression pedal. Yamaha do it the reverse of Roland so be aware that there is a good chance that you will have to rewire the plug on your pedal to use it on an MFX unit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I already modded my pedal with a reverse polarity switch, so that won't be a problem.

Do you know of any pedals besides the digital MFX ones that do what I need? I know the Moogerfoogers are very versatile but I can't really dish out 300 bucks for a single effect at the moment.
For $300 you could get a pod HD300 which has a built in expression pedal.

Under that.... not sure. Maybe one of the cheaper Zoom pedals? Would have to check their specs to see if they have an EXP input.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
You can use an expression pedal as a volume pedal, you just have to drive it with a very low impedance source (i.e. not directly from the guitar) and rewire the stereo jack for seperate mono input/output

In my opinion you're better off getting a seperate volume pedal and using the expression pedal with a specific effect (its always fun with modulation and delay pedals)
I use a GP-8 and the matching FC-100 footcontroller - the expression pedal plugs into the FC100.
Good luck trying to find one though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
RP150 or RP155 include exp input, can be found cheap used, and have some good FX in them. I'm about to put my RP155 on my pedalboard. I want a sub-octave before my Tweak Fuzz, plus there are some other good stuff in it. The Redline OD is really good. I'll just disable the amp and cab, then set up the presets with stomp FX.