Basically, I never use the floating trem on my Ibanez Xiphos XPT700, so I want to block it, because I'd really like to be able to change tunings and string gauges with a lot less hassle. At the moment, it is set up in D standard tuning.

If I block the bridge will I be able to:

1) Change tuning at will like I would on a fixed bridge guitar (like literally anything from E standard to Drop A or whatever)

2) Change string gauge without having to get my guitar re - set up...?
1. Yes.
2. No. You'll still need to do a setup as far as action, neck relief, intonation, and other smaller things with a new string gauge.
^what JustRooster said. Different gauges, even so much as going from 9 to 10 WILL affect your setup, and will most likely require truss rod adjustment.
depends on the guitar...

If I whisper "Heavier Gauge" over my Epi Les Paul, it needs a truss adjustment.. but I can go up down and sideways on my Telecaster, and it doesn't even flinch....

Intonation is done after each string change anyway, so.. that gets done often..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
depends on the guitar...

If I whisper "Heavier Gauge" over my Epi Les Paul, it needs a truss adjustment.. but I can go up down and sideways on my Telecaster, and it doesn't even flinch....

Intonation is done after each string change anyway, so.. that gets done often..

Lmaoo
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Casull454
^what JustRooster said. Different gauges, even so much as going from 9 to 10 WILL affect your setup, and will most likely require truss rod adjustment.

9 to 10 won't do shit. 9 to 11 or 12 will.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
9 to 10 won't do shit. 9 to 11 or 12 will.

Depends on guitar I guess, I went 9 to 10 on my strat. Needed truss rod adjustment, bridge setup, whole nine yards.
Quote by Casull454
Depends on guitar I guess, I went 9 to 10 on my strat. Needed truss rod adjustment, bridge setup, whole nine yards.

Never needed to do anything like that on my guitars, even those with trems.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.