Page 1 of 2
#1


I'll admit it, I have no idea what the answer is. Is there even an answer to this?

Regardless... when in doubt go with C. I pick C.
Last edited by Shutout at Apr 14, 2012,
#3
Quote by Zanon
B) 50%

EDIT: Well actually it should be either A or D given there's 4 options...


But you have twice as much chance of choosing 25%...
#5
There's a 50% chance of saying 25%... 25% chance of saying 50% and 25% chance to say 60%... so I would say there's no chance
#6
Quote by Scottorocker
There's a 50% chance of saying 25%... 25% chance of saying 50% and 25% chance to say 60%... so I would say there's no chance


Yeah I think that's the answer too, 0 percent.
#7
B) 50%

The correct answer is 25%, there are two 25% answers out of 4 total answers, therefore, the probability of getting it correct is 50%.

This is assuming I read the question correctly, the wording is confusing me

Forza Juve


'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
#8
This is a paradox no?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
#12
It's either "Fuck this I'm leaving" or 50%

Edit: I've thought about it. The chances of randomly choosing the correct answer from a 4-way multiple choice question is 25%. The thing is that this one is actually very generic in that it's basically saying just that, but in fancy words. So logically, the answer is 25%, except because there are two answers that are 25%, your chances are doubled.

Edit2: FUCK THIS I DON'T EVEN CARE ANY MORE
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Apr 14, 2012,
#14
Quote by tappooh
The question says "if you chose at random", in that case its a 25% chance.


Not really, because two of the answers are the same (25%).
#15
I got it. The answer is 0%.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22


every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking


#16
Quote by solo_freak
B) 50%

The correct answer is 25%, there are two 25% answers out of 4 total answers, therefore, the probability of getting it correct is 50%.

This is assuming I read the question correctly, the wording is confusing me


But if 50 percent is the correct answer, you only would have 25 percent chance of getting it right...
#17
Quote by Shutout
But if 50 percent is the correct answer, you only would have 25 percent chance of getting it right...


Paradox it is, that was just a first impression

Forza Juve


'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
#19
You have 3 different answers, so it's the chance of getting it right.
33.3%
#20
Quote by AJScott
You have 3 different answers, so it's the chance of getting it right.
33.3%

But 33.3% is not a choice
#21
Quote by AJScott
You have 3 different answers, so it's the chance of getting it right.
33.3%


If there are 2 red balls, 1 blue ball, and 1 green ball. What are the odds of you picking a red one if you were to blidnly grab one out of a bucket.
#22
Quote by Shutout
If there are 2 red balls, 1 blue ball, and 1 green ball. What are the odds of you picking a red one if you were to blidnly grab one out of a bucket.

You are assuming that 25% would be the right answer, which isn't true.

EDIT: none of these answers are correct, so 'no answer possible' would be the only right thing to say about this.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Apr 14, 2012,
#23
Quote by the bartender
That's irrelevant, 33.3...% is the only right answer when there's 3 different options. It's either that or 'no answer possible'.


You are assuming that 25% would be the right answer, which isn't true.


It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. It's still an option.

The are 4 selections you could make (A-D), each one is 25%. Picking at random would have be believe they randomly select A-D not, 25, 50, or 60.
#24
Quote by Shutout
It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. It's still an option.

The are 4 selections you could make (A-D), each one is 25%. Picking at random would have be believe they randomly select A-D not, 25, 50, or 60.


But if we don't know which one is the right answer then we've got a 33.3...% chance again.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#26
If 25% is the correct answer, we have 50%.

If 25% is not the correct answer, 33.3'%.

If we count the two 25%'s as separate answers, despite the fact they are quantitatively identical, there is a 25% chance.

It's not that difficult. Because it's ambiguous, it falls into one of these three scenarios.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
#30
There is no spoon.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
#31
What kind of stupid multiple choice question has the same answer twice?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
#32
It's 0.

Wierd not more people figure it out.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
#33
Quote by Penn100
It's 0.

Wierd not more people figure it out.


Is it really weird that not all people are mathematically minded?
Ya gimp.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
#37
The more I read what the Pit has to say, the more confused I get.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
#38
The answer is most definitely not 0.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
#39
Again, there is no correct answer, logically go through each option and you'll see why.

A and D must be false because if they were correct, the answer would then be 50%. However, as it stands on the blackboard, the answers A and D both give 25%, not 50%.

So A and D are out.

B is not right, because the chance of randomly choosing it is not 50%. It is 25%, one of four.

For C, same reason as with B.

My work here is done!
#40
The answer depends on what is correct. Surely, if the correct answer is 25% then you have a 50% chance of getting it right. If the answer is either 50% or 60%, then they each have a 25% of being picked.

Forza Juve


'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Page 1 of 2