Second song for a music project I'm working on. STILL SANS VOX!

I really need to find a singer, if anyone has the ability to record vocals of decent quality then send me a PM and maybe we can sort something out (I wont trust music music to just anyone!).

So with no further waffle here it is:

Facebook (Click on Bandpage)

Soundcloud

C4C of course.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Apr 14, 2012,
really good stuff, I've listened to one of your recordings before if I'm not mistaking. I would love to hear your songs with vocals.

I might hit you up for some help getting my sound straightened out. Too bad you can't help me play better. haha
the song was pretty good, it just needs the vox to properly critique how everything goes together. the breakdown was cool too. the tone on the rhythm guitar is good but if i had to be picky, i would suggest changing the lead tone to something with less gainy/distorted or with more bite (it sounds like both guitars are on the bridge pickup). maybe have the lead switch to neck pickup during the leads and then switch to the middle/split with the heavier chunky parts. that way the guitars sound more unique
I liked it, pretty impressive guitar going ont there. Maybe make the drums sound a bit more obvious. It's the kind of song that really need vocals thought to be fully appreciated, otherwise it becomes repetitive.

Good song though!
I've gotta be honest, I don't listen to much metal. And I don't really know a whole lot about the different sub-genres, which means I can't really give you an informed critique. So please excuse my ignorance.

As far as recording quality goes, what you've got here is top notch. Everything is clear and arranged really well in the mix. The guitar tones are heavy yet crisp and very clearly voiced which is brilliant. I find a lot of metal guitarists are too busy trying to make their guitar tone sound BrO0TAL!11!2231@# and it makes what they are actually playing get lost in a sea of fuzz and squealing feedback. Your tones are the perfect balance of that aggresive distorted sound and the clarity that allows melodies and musicianship to shine through. The drums are intense, I'm digging their cool, full sound.

All this song is missing is vocals. Your song structure is great, and all the parts flow into each other really well. I did like where the drums dropped to halftime at 1:20, cool change of pace. There are some sweet lead guitar lines in there too, and the outro is great, really caught me off guard.

Like I said before, when it comes to metal I've go no idea what I'm talking about, but this sounds to me like it could be a great song. Get a singer and you should be sweet.

And thanks for the crit
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
The song is top notch for a metalcore song and like cammo said the guitars work together and the song flows nicely. I have to echo what drunken ninja said because the lead guitar needs that bite. And I also think you could go for less generic stuff like octaves over an open note section but then again I'm not one for breakdowns any more. So others may like it.

It also needs some sort of faster section. Not in tempo but more notes. Sorry it's early in the morning here and I can't think how to word things.

I do like the songs though.
I'd definitely be interested in doing vocals for either of the songs you have up on your FB

Won't have much time to write anything until next week probably, but if you've already got lyrics/ideas, I can work on them in my spare time between then.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd love to at least give you a try man, either way you are gonna be better than me! I have some lyrics written for All That I Am, not happy with all of what I've got though. And none at all for This is Not For You. If you wanna give me a pm or message me through the facebook page we can try and sort something out.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
^PM'd ya
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
just awesome. Any tabs for this one?
Could you upload the DIs? I`d like to give it a try mixing :-)
Once I get some vocals on it I might upload tabs. I write all my music up in Guitar Pro as part of the process anyway so that won't be a big strain.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Thanks for the Feedback!

Your production is pretty killer man. I especially like the kicks you've used and the drumkit in general. Your guitar tone is also solid too - the breakdown sections sound really tight. I think the song structure works pretty well and just need some Vocals to bring out the whole song.

My main criticisms are:
-I think you could be a little more adventurous with the drums (I know its hard if you are a guitarist but you can learn a lot from other drummers/bands).
- Maybe play around with your lead tone a little to make it a smoother sounding (I'm not quite sure what I mean either haha)

All in all a solid song, good luck with vocals!
SCHECTER HELLRAISER SPECIAL C7 FR
LINE 6 POD HD300
REAPER/FL/DKFH/BEATCRAFT
Outstanding overall sound quality. I'm not much into metalcore but coupled with some good lyrics and a badass growling singer it should become a worldclass song. A clean part of vocals could do nicely, too! I've also taken the time to check out 'This is not for You', and I liked it a lot. Great job, man!

PS: I have some stuff you may want to check out. Sound quality is **** compared to your tracks, but the music has some thought in it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1537251

Cheers!
Very surprised this got a bump to be honest! Thanks for the crit will get onto the C4C now.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
this song is absolutely killer. very moshable i love the use of beats fast and slow ie circle to break. and speaking of breakdowns, i love how they are far more than average generic breaks. get some vocals on this song!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mikevmpr3/music/all/play1104053

crit?
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard some Death in there. At around 29 seconds, it sounds sort of like a part from Crystal Mountain. Good song.
And you want to talk about WEAK? that is some of the weakest music I have ever heard, wimpy girl music played on 12-tone kiddy guitars. heh heh heh bitch
Well it had me banging my head and you can't say fairer than that in my book.

OK, well that's a bit of a mixed metaphor but you get the idea

2.08f is particularly good: I got so over-excited I nearly knocked my own brain out. Loved the unexpected ending as well. Killer stuff.

Crit mine?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1558400
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
Well I gotta say cheers to the hater who wanted nothing more than to boost his ego for bumping my thread and getting me one more guy who liked my stuff. It's totally worth the hate just for one more person who likes my music. I'll get on the c4c in the morning.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 22, 2012,