hi, im going to buy an acoustic on monday, and i was wondering what are good brands for a 300-350 quid price budget?...ive only bought the one guitar and that was when i was about 18, which was 12 years ago and its just a basic looking yamaha...i would like something abit more cooler...im not good enough nor have the funds to get a martin unfortunately and prob will never have the money for that but i would like to get a half decent one.......opinions would be appreciated as i dont have a bloody clue about this stuff and theres that many brands who say they are great...ive been looking at 'washburn, tanglewood and freshman ones as some of them fit in my budget and look quite nice but as far as they peform i dont know....thanks...nice one
I'd recommend some sort of a Takamine. I have an EG511SSC that I love. It costs $600 new so I think that's around 377 quid or so (I'm basing this on a previous price exchange check I did awhile ago so that could be off). It's a little above your budget but I think it'd be worth it for you to spread your budget a little father because the guitar is simply astounding.
I have a Tanglewood and it's a great sounding guitar. All solid wood too so it just keeps getting sweeter. I paid about £300 a few years back.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by whoomit
You can never go wrong with a Vintage V300.

cheers man i will have a look
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
I'd recommend some sort of a Takamine. I have an EG511SSC that I love. It costs $600 new so I think that's around 377 quid or so (I'm basing this on a previous price exchange check I did awhile ago so that could be off). It's a little above your budget but I think it'd be worth it for you to spread your budget a little father because the guitar is simply astounding.

thanks mate, i will deffo check them out....i would go over the budget if i was getting a good recomendation like the one you just gave...cheers
Quote by RubberSoul54321
I have a Tanglewood and it's a great sounding guitar. All solid wood too so it just keeps getting sweeter. I paid about £300 a few years back.

cheers buddy i actually ordered a tanglewood evolution exotic out of amazon but they sent me an email this morning saying there was none left in stock after them telling me half an hour earlier it was dispatched....so instead of picking a random one after that i though i would ask people like yourselves who would know better....thanks
Quote by another_dave

thanks dave, i will check out the links....there seems to be be a variety of all different make of acoustic....maybe they are all as good as each other and its just a personal choice based on what it looks like.....cheers
I recently bought a Takamine (eg50th) and love it, it really is gorgeous. Yamahas sounded muddy, the Vintage was nice but the neck was a touch narrow for my stubby fingers. I'd have a look at Washburns too, I liked them but they didn't have electro acoustics at my local shop. Also I started looking at £300, but finished at a bit under £500 - but the difference was pretty substantial. Tanglewoods are pretty good, I didn't go for one because the guy I play guitar with has one and I didn't want to double up.
Quote by bigginge
I recently bought a Takamine (eg50th) and love it, it really is gorgeous. Yamahas sounded muddy, the Vintage was nice but the neck was a touch narrow for my stubby fingers. I'd have a look at Washburns too, I liked them but they didn't have electro acoustics at my local shop. Also I started looking at £300, but finished at a bit under £500 - but the difference was pretty substantial. Tanglewoods are pretty good, I didn't go for one because the guy I play guitar with has one and I didn't want to double up.

yeah my yamaha sounds muddy....would like something a little sweeter.....im going to have a look at all the guitars mentioned then pick the one that jumps out...cant wait until tomorrow