So I have a bunch of electrics laying around, and I am honestly thinking of letting two of them go...

I currently have:
Schecter C1 Classic
Schecter Hellraiser in DSG
Jackson DK2T
LTD Xtone PD1

Now I am honestly considering trading in the Jackson and the Xtone towards either:
PRS Torero
PRS CE24
Schecter Hellraiser Extreme

If I had the funds I would keep all my axes, but like I said I want to consolidate my gear down and just have three bad-ass axes at my disposal.

So my question is do you think it is worth it? And if so out of the 2 PRS's and the Schecter which one would be the best? I play metal and hard rock and my current rig is a 6505+.
More gear laying around then I know what to do with, and still buying crap.
Get the CE24. Screw the Torero and the Hellraiser.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yes, definitely go with PRS. my first 10 years of playing was on cheaper guitars. switched to PRS a few years ago, now have a CE, CU, and a Tremonti. the feel and tone are just on a totally different level. i have a hellraiser too and it's an awesome axe, but still, just inferior to the PRS.

the major caution is try to at least play a few different PRSi that have different neck carves, so you can get a feel of the carve that suits you best. so if you end up having to order or buy something before actually playing it, you know the neck will be what you want.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

This. The torero 'isnt really a prs', its an SE. Decent guitar but its certainly no american made prs. Also I think the ce has a real top, not a veneer. Depending on the finish of course.
I figured as much. I definitely want a CE24 and I like the wide-thin neck profile, i got some big meaty paws so it will do me good. How much do they run used in USD?

one more quick question...how much trade in value do you think GC would give me for the Jackson and LTD towards a used CE24?
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
This. The torero 'isnt really a prs', its an SE. Decent guitar but its certainly no american made prs. Also I think the ce has a real top, not a veneer. Depending on the finish of course.

This. They aren't 'bad' guitars, they're just not what a PRS is supposed to be. People buy a PRS to sound like a PRS. But they just sound like any generic Korean shredder guitar with EMG's.

Having a veneer is not necessarily a bad thing, sometimes maple caps can be too thick which makes the guitar too bright, so i don't think the Torero is a particularly bad guitar, its just not what i think of when i think of a PRS.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 14, 2012,
It has a maple cap under the veneer....

Gc sucks for paying out, my bet is 350-400$ for both.
Ce24 seems to run around a grand.
if i sold them on good'ol ebay prolly a bit more cash...prolly better off doing that. thanks for the help
If I was to get up enough cash from selling my Jackson and LTD, as well as saving up, would a Custom 24 beat the CE24? I prefer neck-thru compared to bolt on necks, and the custom just looks amazing (not saying the CE24 isnt nice).

Also, what is really the difference between the PRS's and the PRS SE's? Is it like Gibson and Epiphone? Because my original axe, En Epi Studio, didnt seem that much different compared to a Gibson Studio. And it only ran me 400 compared to a 1300 studio...

Thoughts? Insight?
Last edited by bigajvigs at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

+1

and prolly keep the jackson. MIJ jacksons might be hard to come by from now on
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Whats the scoop on that? My Dk2T is gonna be even rarer now? Its crimson swirl too...
ce24 for sure. part ways with the shcecters xD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by bigajvigs
Whats the scoop on that? My Dk2T is gonna be even rarer now? Its crimson swirl too...

not sure. keep an eye on jcf.

but yeah, if they don't set up or sub-contract another japanese factory then by definition there are going to be no more MIJ jacksons, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The used market is hella saturated. You wont get much for your gear. But, if they are laying around just collecting dust, than some money is better than none and having gear clutter up your place.