Depends on what you are looking for.. Online face to face lessons (skype)? Text? What is it you are looking for?

I'd say that the one i hear most of here is:
Justin guitar

I think there are many great lessons here on UG aswell though, and lots of great guitarists here in the GT forum aswell as the MT forum. I strongly advice you to check Freepowers lessons on YouTube though, the man knows his shit.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Last edited by Sickz at Apr 14, 2012,
Here's a few free and paid resources to check out:

Free Lessons

justinguitar.com
Youtube.com (Mahalodotcom & Howcast have great beginner lessons. Just search for them)

Paid
Jamplay.com
GuitarTricks.com
Jamorama.com
For 'Ultimate Guitar' Members: I wrote an ebook called "The Ultimate Guide To Playing The Guitar".

If you'd like a FREE copy of it, you can do so by Clicking Here
I currently take correspondence lessons with Tom Hess. His lessons have really helped me improve my technique and enhance my creativity. Lessons are based on your specific needs and long term goals. You'll also find really good instructional articles relating to developing technique, songwriting/composing, teaching guitar, building a teaching business and developing a career in music. I strongly recommend you check Tom's site out.

www.tomhess.net
Marty Schwartz has some good free stuff on youtube or guitarjamz.com ( a lot of it is paid, but some good free nuggets). But I think justinguitar.com is much better and totally free. If you are a pure beginner, start with justin to get basics and practice. Switch to Marty for laid back fun every now and then.
Between these two, it keeps it interesting and you aren't totally grinding away on D chord A chord, E chord progressions. You have to have fun every now and then lol.
Quote by Stephen Quinn
I currently take correspondence lessons with Tom Hess. His lessons have really helped me improve my technique and enhance my creativity. Lessons are based on your specific needs and long term goals. You'll also find really good instructional articles relating to developing technique, songwriting/composing, teaching guitar, building a teaching business and developing a career in music. I strongly recommend you check Tom's site out.

www.tomhess.net

If you can afford Tom Hess then you can definitely afford a local teacher who will actually be able to tell you what you're doing wrong and correct you and all that other good stuff associated with seeing someone in person. There is no way in hell that his correspondence lessons are worth that much money.

As ever it seems Hess's most profitable skill is his marketing...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
As far as free lessons go, you can't beat Justin Guitar. I'm almost done with his beginner's course and I can't believe the guy offers the entire site for free. Its full of amazing content and structured lessons.
Quote by LucidDreem
As far as free lessons go, you can't beat Justin Guitar. I'm almost done with his beginner's course and I can't believe the guy offers the entire site for free. Its full of amazing content and structured lessons.
what I like about him is he's a throwback. The internet today is riddled with self promotion and people trying to peddle their wares for an easy buck. Then you have Justin, who has 100s of hours of lessons and materials for free. There is some pay content there yes, but you can learn so much from his site for free, and honestly, the $$ content is worth paying for, because at that point you actually know it will help you.
he of tranquil mind
Quote by Stephen Quinn

www.tomhess.net

**** off Spambot
Quote by Paul Bright
Here's a few free and paid resources to check out:

Free Lessons

justinguitar.com
Youtube.com (Mahalodotcom & Howcast have great beginner lessons. Just search for them)

Paid
Jamplay.com
GuitarTricks.com
Jamorama.com
I agree with this.
I was away from guitar playing for nearly 2 years (mostly playing piano in that time) and before I could get my hands on a new teacher (had to wait 6 months for a spot with my preferred teacher) I mainly used Justin Guitar to get back to guitar playing. Best free resource on the interwebs, at least for my taste.
myguitarsolo.com is very helpfull, and free. they have suggested practice routines, great examples of techniques, help you learn how to read music too. I use them alot for music theory. the only problem is navigating the site can be a hassle.
Marty Schwartz - www.guitarjamz.com is pretty good. Some lessons are free, others you must pay for but I really liked his teaching style. He also has a ton of videos on YouTube. He has lessons for guitarists of all skill levels, but there is an abundance of lessons for beginners. His style seems to be heavily blues based, so if that's your gig then I highly recommend. In fact watching some of his lessons and videos on YouTube actually got me much more into blues.
creativeguitarstudio on youtube is just sick. Such a wide variety of lessons at varying levels of skill. My absolute FAVORITE guitar channel on youtube!
Check out Creative Guitar Studios, that guy is a bloody genius and afaik at least the majority of his stuff's for free.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Marty Schwartz, love his style of teaching. I actually paid for his lessons, and I'm cheap.
+1 on Marty Schwartz, i paid for his nexlevelguitar website before and the amount you get for your money is astonishing, that website covered nearly all things i could think of, i didnt know where to start. also his youtube vids are very informative and free
Youtube vids of high quality and good rating + UG tabs/powertab/guitar pro and a bit of patience. Guitar wont learn itself.
Bobby: Luckily I'd gone upstairs to listen to her piss so I heard her shout for me to help
Paul

Hi guys,

This is the best online guitar lessons site imho. There are general lessons and note for note solos. Great teaching and a lot of free videos too. For solos, this guy has A LOT of Led Zep OFF THE RECORD. I've never seen anyone get Heartbreaker absolutely note for note like this guy. The site is

Paul