Are there any big differences between the two? I know there's the wattage difference and the extra 5U4, but what's the difference between the tones?
Yeah, the triple rec sounds like ass. The 2-channel dual rec is secks.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The Triple sounds a little bigger, because of the bigger power section, but that's it really. The differences are pretty minimal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thank you guys. I didn't think there was much of a difference if any, but it's hard to find these sitting side by side at any shops around.
Sounds nearly the same to me from my computer speaker. Perhaps in real life the difference is more noticeable?

If I were to guess, I would say the Triple has a slightly heavier sound on the gain channel while the Dual has a slightly better clean.

Either way, I would not pass a blind fold test between these two amps on any setting. By looking at ebay and Craigslist, they are priced about the same too.
DBZ Bird of Prey Sepulchre
Diamond Nitrox Head
Diamond Nitrox 4x12 Cabinet
^ That makes no sense. The Triple should have better cleans because of the higher headroom.

In the vid, the Triple sounds more aggressive. idk if the knobs are set exactly the same or not, but yeah.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 14, 2012,
Quote by Offworld92
^ That makes no sense. The Triple should have better cleans because of the higher headroom.

In the vid, the Triple sounds more aggressive. idk if the knobs are set exactly the same or not, but yeah.

It was a 50/50 chance at guessing. They sound the same from my computer speakers.
DBZ Bird of Prey Sepulchre
Diamond Nitrox Head
Diamond Nitrox 4x12 Cabinet