Ok, so I know I have already made a thread asking for crit on a song, and i'm not sure if it's ok to do this or not, BUT I have a question about it. For some reason the main riff of the song sounds VERY familiar to me. I just have a sneaking suspicion it is in some song, or at least VERY close to a riff in a song. BUT I for the life of me cannot FIND a song with the riff in it. I cant figure it out. I THINK I made it up myself, but i have no clue. It just sounds so familiar.

I have no idea if this is against the rules (Ik I already had a thread for CRIT on the song, but this is just to see if anyone recognizes the riff from a specific song). If this IS against the rules, PLEASE close the thread right away.

The song is on my profile, its called 80s metal style song. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/awesomo41894/

PLEASE if anyone recognizes the riff, tell me what song it's from so I dont use it, if it already IS in a song. If it is not, it will probably be worked into my new bands first single. Thanks to anyone who can help me! I would def. appreciate it!

Edit: the main riff starts at 00:12
Last edited by awesomo41894 at Apr 14, 2012,
thanks everybody so far. SO do you guys think its a USABLE riff, albeit a generic one, or something that will get me sued down the road?
Quote by awesomo41894
thanks everybody so far. SO do you guys think its a USABLE riff, albeit a generic one, or something that will get me sued down the road?

well considering everyone gets away with the I, V, vi, IV chord progression unsued, i think you can get away with this one unsued
Quote by olix95
well considering everyone gets away with the I, V, vi, IV chord progression unsued, i think you can get away with this one unsued

haha I really hope so, cuz I mean I KNOW the song is a bit generic, BUT It rocks imo, and once vocals are on it, it will be awesome. and this style of music is always a bit generic anyways (80s hairmetal) haha
It kind of sounds like master of puppets to me. Good song though well done should be awesome with vocals.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
Either Motley Crue or Metallica is what I'm getting out of it. Not Master of Puppets though. It's cool regardless.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Last edited by Zakkcd at Apr 14, 2012,
thanks for the help everybody! Im gonna def. use this, unless someone can find a song that is ABSOLUTELY identical. I appreciate everyones help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZU6eMxeltk

Sort of ^

Also, if the riff works, use it, it's not like you're nicking entire songs at a time, lots of riffs are very similar, in fact, I'd say a majority of good riffs have been already made, so as long as you don't go out and say 'I'll nick this Iron Maiden riff and write a new song with it' *coughPapaRoachcough*, you're fine.