What are the best 7 string guitars? Price doesnt matter but feel free to include a price for your suggestions. Thank you.
If price doesn't matter, are you willing to look at buying a custom guitar? If not, then (pardon my bias) I would call http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/john-petrucci-bfr-7.html the best possible 7 String. It can do virtually any style, especially with the piezo output.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Best 7 string? Blackmachine, without a doubt. You'd be hard pressed to find one though. People rarely sell them, and Doug is only building for those currently on his waiting list. But really, there is no reason not to go custom these days (except not being able to afford it, but even then, customs are so much cheaper than they used to be). There are so many builders all over the world making amazing guitars that you're bound to find someone that can build exactly what you want to an extremely high standard. Blackmachine, KxK, ViK, Daemoness, Strictly 7, Jaden Rose, Siggery, etc. They all build incredibly high standard instruments.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Nico the Great
If price doesn't matter, are you willing to look at buying a custom guitar? If not, then (pardon my bias) I would call http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/john-petrucci-bfr-7.html the best possible 7 String. It can do virtually any style, especially with the piezo output.

hi! Haha I was really considering this guitar, either this or an RC7, maybe both haha
Best is subjective.

Just about any custom shop will do the ultimate 7 string.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Best is subjective.

Just about any custom shop will do the ultimate 7 string.

I think subjectivity is what he was looking for . After all, what's a recommendation?
The ''best'' 7 string would be any custom made for you by a highly skilled and very experienced private luthier, or one made for you by one of the major Custom Shops that has access to every modern advantage possible, like ESP or Gibson. After that,t he next best thing would be a company like Mayones or Carvin who are well experienced with 7-strings and make guitars to order with some degree of custom options.

If you're talking about something right off the shelf, I think ESP make the highest-quality 7-strings. Of course many Ibanez and Schecter fans will beg to differ.

inb4 some eejit sucking off Agile.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The best 7 string made is the ESP M-107. Yeah I know many people think that ESP makes shit guitars...but this guitar is the most versatile 7 string. It makes great guitar chords ..
Last edited by gavin_rossdale at Jun 11, 2012,