Sup? Anywho, I got a question.

Okay, I know all 5 positions of the A minor pentatonic scale already, including some very snazzy
Blues licks. Now, what I would like to know is how exactly do I move them up? I know you're going to say, start on the root note and what not but. When I try to go in a scale like G or E or D for that matter, it's like I try to move up to certain positions like, 3rd and 4th and I just seem to run out of space. Please, tell me what to do...And yes, I do know my notes on the fret board. It's not that I dislike playing in Am or anything, it's just that I tried to move to the 3rd positions of certain scales, as I said G and what not, and I seem to run out of space. All answers would be appreciated.

Later
Quote by one2many
Sup? Anywho, I got a question.

Okay, I know all 5 positions of the A minor pentatonic scale already, including some very snazzy
Blues licks. Now, what I would like to know is how exactly do I move them up? I know you're going to say, start on the root note and what not but. When I try to go in a scale like G or E or D for that matter, it's like I try to move up to certain positions like, 3rd and 4th and I just seem to run out of space. Please, tell me what to do...And yes, I do know my notes on the fret board. It's not that I dislike playing in Am or anything, it's just that I tried to move to the 3rd positions of certain scales, as I said G and what not, and I seem to run out of space. All answers would be appreciated.

Later

When you run out of neck, you start playing things an octave lower.
shred is gaudy music
By "all 5 positions", are you referring to the 5 shapes of A min pent. on the low E string? By the sounds of it, if you know your fret board (i.e. note names) then its probably worth just taking the time to figure out your pentatonic scales in ALL 12 keys, in all positions (so not just the positions on the E string). Start by using the shapes you know and moving them up/ down the fretboard chromatically (one semi-tone at a time), and just slowly build up fluency as you progress. The only real answer is practice and patience.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
I'd suggest that it's going to be a case of learning how to play outside of the shapes. Good that you've got them done and good that you knwo where all the notes are on the fretboard. It's time to work on getting those bits of knowledge and using them together.

Learn the notes in all keys (you can use the circle of fifths for this) and then get some backing tracks and try jamming in different keys. You know what notes are in diatonic, you know where the notes are on the fretboard, you have the shapes to fall back on if you get lost.