Hey UG, I own a defective Jeff Loomis signature guitar, I'm currently selling it but my problem is with what should I replace it with. I was considering getting another Loomis but I'm afraid the same thing will happen since I have to export it and hence lose the warranty. So I considered an Ibanez since the dealer can export one without an issue. So between these two which is more worth it:
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG927QM

http://schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Jeff-Loomis-FR.aspx
1 - What's defective about it?

2 - If you like Schecter then Ibanez is not the obvious jump to be honest, they do feel quite different. I think going to something like LTD would be a better move.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I personally own both a Ibanez and a Schecter, and I prefer the Ibanez, but it's all opinion
I never liked ltds. The whole thing is defective the chrome was worn off , the neck is not placed correctly(It was glued at a wrong angle) and for active pickups it makes more noise than my shitty Jackson's passive pickups.
Schecter neck to ibanez neck is like going from baseball bat to chopstick. The suggestion of getting an LTD is a good one. They have loads of sevens now and since the same company owns esp and schecter, there are bound to be similarities.
Quote by rami80
I never liked ltds. The whole thing is defective the chrome was worn off , the neck is not placed correctly(It was glued at a wrong angle) and for active pickups it makes more noise than my shitty Jackson's passive pickups.

Well if you can get on with a much thinner neck, get that ibanez and throw some dimarzios or duncans in there, I love ibanez guitars, and have heard very good things about their premium line
The neck is not a big issue, I own a Jackson which has a pretty thin neck which I prefer over the Schecter's.
Quote by rami80
The neck is not a big issue, I own a Jackson which has a pretty thin neck which I prefer over the Schecter's.

Then you'll get along fine with an Ibanez. The one you posted is almost certainly fine although I've never played one personally, I trust the vast majority of what Ibanez does.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Depends on the model to be honest. If you want to stick to Schecter, I would go for one of the Blackjack ATX lines... I have the C-7 variant. It's cheaper than the Jeff Loomis by around $150USD and I like it better because it comes stocked with Duncan Blackouts.

The higher end Ibanez 7 strings aren't too bad but I like Schecter necks more because I have big hands and they're much more comfortable for me. Ibanez stock pickups are also not terribly great on a whole so if you go for one you may want to swap them out.

If you can find one, the SZR720(Ibanez) is a good one that gets great cleans as well as being able to get a really smooth lead tone if you're into playing death metal. They were discontinued though so that might be tricky, but whenever I have it with me people think it's a Schecter because of the body design and thickness(It's actually thicker than my C-7).

tl;dr It depends on what you want out of the guitar, but I say go for the Schecter ATX Blackjack series.
I've used different ibanez's for years! I love them and I would never go back. Only problem with an ibanez is to make sure you get the right one for you as there is so many different variations!!
Quote by Diamondrag
I've used different ibanez's for years! I love them and I would never go back. Only problem with an ibanez is to make sure you get the right one for you as there is so many different variations!!

Very well put. Like, the RG type guitars are good but definitely not my thing overall, whereas the S series(specifically the SZR720 which I own) are a good fit for me in terms of tone, body, and wood.

Ibanez is probably one of the most broad ranging guitar companies in terms of styles.