Page 1 of 2
Soo. It happens quite often with me. Usually with the same people. I'll be in a conversation then just randomly no reply. Does this bug anyone else? Does this only happen to me? I know it's not really a big deal, but I'm just seeing who else has had this happen to them.
Never happened to me
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They probably died in a car crash like in those "don't text while you drive" commercials.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's a little annoying, but I'm guilty of it, too.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
get over it. pick up the ****ing phone and call. you know it can do that, right? that's it's chief purpose. making phone calls.
Means they don't really care about replying to you. At all.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
All my friends reply. Are you sure these people are actually your friends?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
If it was important enough to need an instant reply... why did you text it?
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
jake: Yes I do, I actually use the phone for talking as well unlike a lot of people these days.
darkstar: maybe
Todd: yeah they are... I think...? maybe..
rjdusa: just recreational texting because I'm bored.
Through experience, its a sign of disrespect. If you are doing everything to command respect, e.g. being mature and not taking crap, then get new friends.
Quote by hawk5211
Was expecting a killjoy_bently thread with accompanying poll.

Came away disappointed...I mean thrilled.

i hope he flipped his car while drunk driving since he enjoys it so much.
Yes, very annoying. I swear one of my friends changes his phone number for lolz while another doesn't get signal anywhere in his house ffs.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by eli7121
jake: Yes I do, I actually use the phone for talking as well unlike a lot of people these days.
darkstar: maybe
Todd: yeah they are... I think...? maybe..
rjdusa: just recreational texting because I'm bored.

Don't take my word for it though. I'm one of those people notorious for not texting back. It's usually because my phone spends 80 - 85% of time dead, and I don't really find texting or phonecalling to be an effective means of communication. I also only have a few really close friends whom I enjoy spending time with in person, and I haven't bothered with the whole being social and instantly responsive on the receipt of a text message or phone call thing for a year now.

The whole instant response thing that cellphones have created is troublesome for most interpersonal relationships.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't take my word for it though. I'm one of those people notorious for not texting back. It's usually because my phone spends 80 - 85% of time dead, and I don't really find texting or phonecalling to be an effective means of communication. I also only have a few really close friends whom I enjoy spending time with in person, and I haven't bothered with the whole being social and instantly responsive on the receipt of a text message or phone call thing for a year now.

The whole instant response thing that cellphones have created is troublesome for most interpersonal relationships.
That's because you don't text back.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
This never happens to me and I don't know anyone it has ever happened to.
There must be something wrong with you.
Well it seems that from what people are saying it's all my fault. Well that just sucks. I hope those mother f*ckers died in a car crash.
Quote by Emperor's Child
That's because you don't text back.

lmao. Nah, I don't text back because I'm lazy, find it ineffective, and my phone's always dead (which in turn helps the first two manifest even better)

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
i hate having conversations over texts. and the whole point of a text is that it's not time-critical, or in most cases even important.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i hate having conversations over texts. and the whole point of a text is that it's not time-critical, or in most cases even important.

That's where opinions fall under the two branches of social divergence we see today. You, along with myself, don't see texting being time-critical / important / a means of continual conversation. Others cringe at our opinions lol.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Oyface

But anyways... I am interesting! Screw you guys I'm goin home.
I'll usually reada text, and a vast majority of the time close it with the intent of replying later but never actually do it. Shit happens, doesn't matter. If you wanted a guaranteed response, should've called or talked to them face to face.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
I dunno, texts are pretty useful for finding someone in a loud place quickly.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Send them a message back like, 'if you have no objection to me having sex with your mother, please refrain from responding'

You'll get your message back fairly quickly.

or consensual sex with your bro's mom. either way man, either way
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I usually don't know if people have texted/called because my phone's always on silent, and I don't want to send an awkward text 5 hours later if the person isn't going to reply so I just ignore it.
cat
I've had delayed replies in excess of several hours but I've never had someone just stop texting me mid conversation.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Wiegenlied
Send them a message back like, 'if you have no objection to me having sex with your mother, please refrain from responding'

You'll get your message back fairly quickly.

or consensual sex with your bro's mom. either way man, either way

Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Page 1 of 2