Can I safely use an ABY box to switch between 2 lunch box heads in to a single 112 cabinet? Both heads have matching ohms and the speaker has enough wattage to handle either head.
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
Wouldn't this leave one head running unloaded while the other was running through the cab? So no, don't try that
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I was thinking o running this set up thru a Voodoo Labs GCX. Wouldn't that kill the signal to one of the amps?
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
No, Your cab would have to have a stereo connection as well as mono, and they would have to be different impedences. The watts on both heads would have to be lower than the cab itself. Essentially you'd have to use a 2x12 cab
No. You need at least two speakers for what you're talking about to work.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Nope, you'd need a switcher and a load boxes with 2 inputs, so that when you switch from one amp to another, the output signal from the inactive amp would be directed away from the cab and into the load box. Otherwise, you'd probably blow the inactive amp, and then the dual signal into the cab may screw up the speaker, and then possibly blow you other amp.

It'd just be cheaper and less headache inducing to get another cab.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
^ OH neat. Never knew anyone did something like that!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
For how expensive they are though, you'd better have a good reason to get one , rather than just getting another cab. haha
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Get another 1x12 cab or get a 2x12 that you can run in stereo; one amp into the left, the other into the right.
Otherwise you need something that will place a load across the inactive amp like the tonebone headbone.
I'd go the 2x12 route 'twer I you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nope, you'd need a switcher and a load boxes with 2 inputs, so that when you switch from one amp to another, the output signal from the inactive amp would be directed away from the cab and into the load box. Otherwise, you'd probably blow the inactive amp, and then the dual signal into the cab may screw up the speaker, and then possibly blow you other amp.

It'd just be cheaper and less headache inducing to get another cab.

that is the pits. i had a friend do that a while back with a stereo setup doing something similar. both heads blew.

i own a coulple of Radial Engineering products and they are built like a tank and are top notch in terms of quality. they do seem pricey, but i can tell you its worth every dollar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Radial lost me when somebody posted the schematic for their so called tube overdrives. They goop everything so nobody can tell that underneath is a normal SS overdrive pedal. By doing that they placed themselves right up there with Blackstar for being lying assholes. The headbone may be a great thing but I'd rather eat worms than give them a penny.
Get a stereo 2x12.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Radial lost me when somebody posted the schematic for their so called tube overdrives. They goop everything so nobody can tell that underneath is a normal SS overdrive pedal. By doing that they placed themselves right up there with Blackstar for being lying assholes. The headbone may be a great thing but I'd rather eat worms than give them a penny.
Get a stereo 2x12.

i was referring to the head switchers, cab switcher, and their more or less cable routing products (AB/Y,etc). to be honest i didn't even realize they made effects pedals. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah and I'm sure the headbone is a fine product, I just wouldn't deal with the company - especially when there is another alternative like simply getting a 2x12.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
They have great switching unit though so that's why I would still stand by them.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X