I've had this old chunk of mahogany for more than twenty years... didn't know what to do with it because it was full of hundreds of tiny worm holes (you can see them in the third picture). Finally decided to do something with it... I also had a pathetic old neck that someone gave me and a drawer full of parts. So a few days later, here is what emerged...

.....and here is a little sound clip. Zoom H2, Fender Mustang 1
http://sclk.co/s6w2vn
Last edited by stormin1155 at Apr 15, 2012,
mmmmmmm love me some p90
Looks nice, I like the semi-original body style, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why a pickup selector would go up down instead of side to side haha. What's under the knobs?
looks beautiful
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by whoomit
Looks good

How does it play?

The neck is a bit on the thin side, but it pays and sounds great... good sustain and resonance.

Quote by &baconstrips
mmmmmmm love me some p90
Looks nice, I like the semi-original body style, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why a pickup selector would go up down instead of side to side haha. What's under the knobs?

Thanks. The knobs are recessed with the same birds eye maple veneer under them as I used on the headstock and pickguard.
Quote by francesco18
This is seriously one of the most beautiful guitar I'ver ever seen . Some soundclips would be great.

Wonderful job Stormin.

Thanks! Sound clip is up.
I fricking love that switch position...!! I needed an idea like that for my upcoming build...you have inspired me.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
that's pretty cool.

nice wood.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Digging the body shape and sound, but the headstock is kinda putting the whole thing off for me.
Also, I had to copy/paste the URL because the link leads to nowhere. Might wanna fix that.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by francesco18
Uhm soundclip doesn't work for me.

I really dig the body shape in particular. Did it really take just a ''few days'' to make that ?

I think the clip works now. Thanks for letting me know...

Yes, really did take just a few days.
Sounds really great and looks fantastic.
I'd pay good money for one.
Hngd.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
you had a birdseye maple neck just lying around?

and that mahogany is awesome. that seems like a very well built guitar. it does have a quirky, homebrew, bastardized les paul junior shape, but none the less its very nice.
Quote by ikey_
you had a birdseye maple neck just lying around?

and that mahogany is awesome. that seems like a very well built guitar. it does have a quirky, homebrew, bastardized les paul junior shape, but none the less its very nice.

Thanks! The neck was a POS that was given to me. The former owner had reshaped the headstock to look like a Parker Fly, and pretty much butchered it. So I had to rebuild the headstock, replace some frets, level/recrown..... The birdseye is a veneer.
Seconded on the switch position, good idea. HNguitaryoubuiltyourselfD!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
looks and sounds great! kinda looks like an old L6-S in a way. love the switch placement as well. Seems like it would be a lot more conveniant there. HNGD!
Quote by gregs1020

nice wood.

Thats what she said!!!

Sorry couldnt help myself
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)