Hi guys....
I'm looking for new acoustic guitar ,,with cut & on or outboard pickup,,
I like OM or GA body...
Any sugestions ??
Thank you.....
Taylor's 214ce is a cut away with electronics that runs around 1000 at a shop
Last edited by TheMarrtyr13 at Apr 15, 2012,
Takamine; I think they'll have exactly what you need at that price. Look through their site - they've got a really nice search filter you can use too.

Yamahas are a bit cheaper - possibly lower than your budget - but are worth giving a try.

Haven't had the chance to play one yet, but I heard ESP Ltd acoustics are great if you're used to playing an electric (thin, fast neck, jumbo frets, etc.) but I'd definitely try playing one to check the tone; I've yet to hear what the guitar sounds like.

I'd recommend other high end brands, but those get really pricy (if you've got the money, Guild guitars are kickass IMO). Your guitar dealer should be able to show you these and recommend some others I haven't written down, unless you're ordering online (not recommended).

Wish I could buy a new guitar...
Last edited by Shornifier at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by TheMarrtyr13

Definitely a Taylor, I own a 214 and love it, Very well built instruments that sound and play incredible even at "entry level" price. Ive always found it amusing that their entry level are still close to 1000 bucks
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by TheMarrtyr13

Thanks for your reply but i like to buy all solid wood..
Any other options...Thanks
Find a local luthier and go custom.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
unless you need a cutaway, i'd suggest getting a good all solid guitar and then adding (or paying to add) the electronics afterward. if that works for you, for the price, i'd suggest checking out eastman guitars (probably my first choice), larrivee guitars, blueridge guitars, and the recording king ROS-626 is also one i'd definitely try out.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
You could probably find a used Gibson Songwriter for around $1500. I never buy new guitars, I always like to feel of one that's older.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
i'll sell you most any of mine for 1500. foresaking that option, there are many fantastic choices in that range. i like patti's list of choices while throwing in a good used taylor as an option.
Maybe a tad under your price range, but I like my Yamaha A3R a lot. They go for about $900. Definitely worth trying.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Taylor 300 series are awesome.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Quote by dragoro
Taylor 300 series are awesome.

This. I'd compare this to the Yamaha A3R I mentioned earlier. When I did, I preferred the Taylor by a bit, but it was above my price range; so I got the Yamaha (still pretty great, but for much less $). If you're willing to pay for the Taylor, you probably should. Just go to a guitar shop and try them out for yourself.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
i don't find the taylor 300 series awesome. i'm not saying they're not good guitars - although i don't care for the tone. what i AM saying is to be sure and try before you buy if possible since what some players love, others don't.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!