Page 1 of 2
Hey I'm not an obsessed fan girl who'd scream her and wet her pants on the sight of a Jonas Brother.
I'm a guy, guitarist and songwriter. However, I never really payed attention to the Jonas Brothers until a few months ago. Everywhere I'd go though, I'd realize there are thousand of haters who hate them for the stupidest reasons ever. Saying they're gay and that their music sucks and they don't write their music and all that sh!t. In my opinion, it's all jealousy. The Jonas Brothers are extremely talented and if you can't see it, it's because the filters you see through have conditioned you to think of them as just a good-looking boy band that became famous ONLY because of their looks.

I'm here to let you know otherwise, and to start respecting what we should respect NOW, in the present. Forget about the past. Queen, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Police, The Beatles, AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen; yes they were all great and inspirational bands. But can't you see they are the past? They all have over 40 years old, some of them have over 60. Of course their music will keep on living because they are f"cking great. But we shouldn't just focus on the greats of the PAST if you want to be an artist TODAY. If you're an aspiring musician, then you know WHAT it is that is selling TODAY. There were different rules on how bands and artists became recognized 30 years ago. The rules have changed now! And when the rules change, the music changes as well. It doesn't mean it changed for the worse. You can take the Jonas Brothers for example. Try to sing like them. Just try it, I bet most of you can't. They have great voices, they are naturally gifted singers.

Let's be more specific now. Joe Jonas, even though he doesn't play any instrument, he can sing like no one else does. And he's got an extremely charming personality. He's got pop soul in him, and his vocal range is freaking wide.
Nick Jonas, he's basically the main songwriter in the band, probably the most talented, he writes incredible lyrics and music. He's been singing broadway since he was 7 years old!
Check him singing when he was just 12 years! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4GKJtXzs0
This little guy was definitely going to be somebody a few years after!

And if you don't believe they don't write their songs check their albums on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lines,_Vines_and_Trying_Times

Scroll down and go see who the writers of each song are. Well, yeah in some songs other professional songwriters have participated, but 90% of the album was all written by them...

Check Nick's solo album
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_I_Am_(Nick_Jonas_%26_the_Administration_album)

Again scroll down and see that 80% of the album was written by him.

The guy is a prodigy. Writing songs at such a young age. He's not like Justin Bieber, or One Direction where non of them write the lyrics or the music. The Jonas Brothers are something else.

Here's a little song you probably heard somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_cXhBy78T4
Beautiful melody, well structured and the lyrics are as meaningful as the music itself.

(go to youtube and go look for more info on these guys, all of what you thought they were will be replaced by respect if you get to know them a little bit more)
And here's Nick singing one of his songs live. Yes, he can sing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EISBHif0cyc

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Go on and start listening to what catches the audience's attention now a days. If you're too stubborn and still say all popular music now a days is BS, then I feel sorry for you, because like I said the rules have changed and the music has changed. I don't think you'll have a big chance in the music industry. I hope you know what I mean. If you still say it is sh!t then try writing a simple catchy song. It takes A LOT of talent to write simple songs, trust me.

Be smart and aware. Today's music is different. It's not bad at all. It's just different then what the past offered. But you can't ever go back to the past. So be in the present and look towards the future. Write music for the present or else no one will listen.

Hope someone got the point!

/puts on flame shield
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Last edited by XxLloydxX at Apr 15, 2012,
They're still a thing?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
^^^^^ I watched Serenity today.

I just have a thing against corporate pop stars.

Its just like an overdone traveling TV show.

Its like The Monkees taken to an inane level.
inb4 'x/10'
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by CodeMonk
^^^^^ I watched Serenity today.

I just have a thing against corporate pop stars.

Its just like an overdone traveling TV show.

Its like The Monkees taken to an inane level.

Exactly.
Except The Monkees knew they were a novelty, worked with it, and still made great music and a fun, awesome image.
These corporate pop stars do none of the above, unless slapping vegetable oil to your face and hair and using dog shit as makeup to look like a messy hooker is a fun, awesome image.
There IS good music today, a hell of a lot of it. But it is NOT the Jonas Brothers, they're not even remotely close to great. Just because it sells doesn't mean anything. Ke$ha sells, Bieber sells, Selina Gomez sells. Selling = / = great
just give me a fender and let me rip
Quote by sk8board3r
There IS good music today, a hell of a lot of it. But it is NOT the Jonas Brothers, they're not even remotely close to great. Just because it sells doesn't mean anything. Ke$ha sells, Bieber sells, Selina Gomez sells. Selling = / = great

Ke$ha's albums were fantastic.

Your point is invalid.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by sk8board3r

Well, try writing a song in the pop world. I know the artists you mentioned don't write their music, but remember the guys who write the music are professional musicians who studied music, know all their scales, their cadences and all that musical stuff. The ones behind these best selling artists are talented people. Put yourself in these guy's shoes, and pretend you have to write a song for Kesha's album. Try it. And then you'll realize why the Jonas are good. They don't need other people to write their songs! They can do it themselves.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
I see what your getting at, about looking more towards the present. And how the jonas brothers are shit when there is worse. But there is A LOT better. Alos, when did you last hear from them? I thought they've been extinct for a couple years.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Exactly.
Except The Monkees knew they were a novelty, worked with it, and still made great music and a fun, awesome image.
These corporate pop stars do none of the above, unless slapping vegetable oil to your face and hair and using dog shit as makeup to look like a messy hooker is a fun, awesome image.

I still love listening to them.
But I grew up in the 60's and 70's (And yes, I also got into the 80's hair metal thing).
But I was still more into The Beatles, Stones, Cream, Sabbath, and even Johnny Cash, etc. in those days.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 15, 2012,
Take four chords, mash some lyrics about drinking, partying and sex together and add a slightly varied bridge. There, boom, pop song.
I fell in love with the pizza girl
Now, I eat pizza everyday

If you haven't seen the video, it takes place on a giant pizza.
Oh FFS, it's this argument again. Music is subjective, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Don't mock others for what they listen to (unless it's hardcore).

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
They're disgusting. And their voices are horrid and whiny.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I don't really like then

Meh. I like them.

I guess, if I had to pick samples of what constitutes as todays great music, it'd include Beach House, Animal Collective, Sufjan Stevens, M83 and more.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Meh. I like them.

I guess, if I had to pick samples of what constitutes as todays great music, it'd include Beach House, Animal Collective, Sufjan Stevens, M83 and more.

I don't get Animal Collective.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Fair enough, but regardless, those 'trained musicians' are really only contributing to the demise of decent music being good. We live in a terrible world where the mainstream is so bad, honestly.

/rant
just give me a fender and let me rip
Another example of good music today is John Mayer...

And if you need a legend to approve that John Mayer writes great music then here you go:

http://www.eltonjohnitaly.com/mayer-interview.html

And another musical giant, Billy Joel, invited John Mayer to play in his last concert.

And if Stevie Wonder is such a great musician and like any great musician he wouldn't want music to go to the garbage, then why did he play with the Jonas Brothers if they're so awful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQcTe_rrHBQ

Yeah, 'cause they aren't sh!t like people think they are!
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I think they're brilliant. I can see why they wouldn't click with people, though. A lot of their material isn't exactly inviting, especially their older stuff.

I thought this was a great album:

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
^The Antlers are pretty sweet

Quote by XxLloydxX

And if Stevie Wonder is such a great musician and like any great musician he wouldn't want music to go to the garbage, then why did he play with the Jonas Brothers if they're so awful?
Yeah, 'cause they aren't sh!t like people think they are!

Members of Wu Tang Clan have worked with Justin Beiber. What's your point?

Does not prove a thing.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
^The Antlers are pretty sweet

I knew we'd come to an agreement somewhere
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by XxLloydxX
Another example of good music today is John Mayer...

I actually gotta admit John Mayer is a pretty good musician, despite how much that differentiates from my usual tastes.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Bring da mothafuckin ruckus!

I'm sure we have many.

Ke$ha and Mastodon are not two of them.

Animal was a fun album

I also bought Lights' Siberia album the other day
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by element4433
They're still a thing?

The fact you didn't close this for being a troll thread makes me sad.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
the line between past and present music is now blurred by YouTube etc., when something was made is getting way less relevant ..
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Page 1 of 2