does a jackson soloist sSL2 have a really flat neck? i used to have a dinky and it was uncomfortable to play for me as the neck was really flat. i really like the feel of ibanez necks and they fit my smaller hands perfectly so how is the soloist compared to ibanez? (in general ) i ask because i have a chance to buy a brand new soloist SL2 for $1,000 from a dude whos having major buyers remorse. he lives super far away so i dont really want to travel all the way there to find out its not good for me.
They aren't as slim as an Ibanez, but still pretty small. If you played a Dinky and didn't like it, I doubt a Soloist would be much better.

Maybe an ESP or Kramer would be better.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Apr 15, 2012,
hmmm, ok. i mean its been many many years since i played a jackson but if i remember right, it felt like i was holding a two by four in my hand. thats an exaggeration but i could be wrong, its been a long time. its such a nice guitar a though, man i wanna get it. its mint, the guy messed with it a couple times and thats it.
Soloist have an enough flat neck. Ibanez is whole another level yet, if people can use a Les Paul, soloist is enough easy to handle. And by the way wideness of neck would hardly effect your playing. Only after 17th fret that would cause a problem.
Quote by groundwire
hmmm, ok. i mean its been many many years since i played a jackson but if i remember right, it felt like i was holding a two by four in my hand. thats an exaggeration but i could be wrong, its been a long time. its such a nice guitar a though, man i wanna get it. its mint, the guy messed with it a couple times and thats it.

I have both an Ibanez RG and a Jackson Dinky here. If you can wait a day or two, I can get a set of calipers and measure everything out for you
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Jackson necks aren't as flat as Ibanez necks. That said, they're still extremely slim (about between an Ibanez Wizard and an LTD Xtra Thin U).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
most Jacksons have a coumpound radius:

14'' on 1st fret, 16'' at 12th

Most ibanez have a flat all around, 400mm
^ Compound radius affects the fretboard, not the neck dimensions.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If anything an Ibanez neck is flatter than a typical Jackson neck. I don't know how you can think a Jackson neck is too flat but like an Ibanez neck. You don't get any flatter than Ibanez.

If you know Ibanez necks are what suits you best, stick to Ibanez. Conversely if you did want to avoid a super-flat neck, you'd want to look at Fender or Washburn for similar-styled guitars with rounder necks.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
wow ok. like i said its been like 10 years since i had a jackson so i cant remember exactly how it was, thats why i asked. i do remember it was kinda uncomfortable for me playing chords for a long time, solos where fine. anyway that was along time ago. im gonna go get it, its just to killer to pass up. thanks for the input guys.
Its ultra ultra flat and thin, anything thinner would be impossible to use at least for me.
MIJ soloist have very thin flat necks. Makes mu KV2 seem like a log.

It's the proffesional model, 500 bucks on Craigslist typically.
shoot man, i cant decide what to do. dudes like 2hrs away and i dont wanna go that far to find out it feels like your playing a two by four with frets. then again its a cool brand new ax with HSC for cheap.hmmm, oh well i think im gonna pass on it then, only because just about everybody seems to be in agreement, ITS THIN. i guess they dont call it a soloist for nothing, otherwise they would call it a chordist, lol.
If it's a really good deal, you could buy it and resell it for profit. You can check how much they sell for on ebay completed listings to find out if there's enough there for a profit or not.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Why don't you look for an add close by, pretend to be interested, test the sh*t out of the soloist, and decide whether or not you like it and go buy the 1000$ soloist?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Either that or just find a guitar shop nearby that stocks some Jacksons? Neck profiles differ from model to model, but they tend to all be fairly similar.