I'm in a serious need to downsize my rig. Gonna be moving into a dorm room within the next year and as such there's no reason to have a 100W head and an oversized 2x12 cab.

The set-up I've been considering is a POD HD500, a 44 magnum power amp, and a 1x12 cab.

What companies make good 112 cabs at a reasonable price? I'm looking for something on a bit of a budget, i'd say no more than 250. I've looked into the Egnater 112 and the Blackstar 112 extension cabs, does anyone know if these are any good?
With a POD, you may be better off with some good computer/PA style speakers than a dedicated guitar cab.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
With a POD, you may be better off with some good computer/PA style speakers than a dedicated guitar cab.

Well the reason i chose the setup i did was that it would give me the ability to play at band levels if the opportunity came.

But if we were talking PA speakers what would you recommend for about 250?
Consider not taking your guitar...not sure what it's like across the pond,but at most UK uni's the guy with the guitar amp is often hated. Too loud even when turned right down. Or it gets stolen...
Quote by Powersurge213
Consider not taking your guitar...not sure what it's like across the pond,but at most UK uni's the guy with the guitar amp is often hated. Too loud even when turned right down. Or it gets stolen...

Frogwash, OP can have the best of both worlds.

Your idea is a good one, I might personally reccomend practicing with just your POD and headphones at first, just to be absolutely safe.

As far as cabs, I've always had good experiences with Jet City, and they make 2 different 1x12 cabs for $150 I believe.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
250 total? that might be pushing for the likes of avatar etc. try craigslist for a used avatar 1x12.

but yeah, jet city, carvin maybe. egnaters are fairly common used.
might be worth bearing in mind that more compact 2x12s with side handles aren't that much heavier and more awkward to move around than a 1x12 with only a top-mounted handle.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My "don't annoy the girlfriend" setup is a POD XT into an 8 channel mixer. One of my computers also runs into the mixer so I can watch lessons / Netflix / or record via Sonar. Output is into 2 studio monitors or headphones.