I'm looking for a cheap PA that could withstand small gigs and be loud enough to run a couple mics through and be heard above backing tracks and karaoke tracks. My maximum budget would be around £150 So I'm not looking for sound perfection, it just needs to be loud.

I've already got 2 mics, a mixer, some rack stuff and a couple of pre-amps.

(I wasn't sure where to post this, so sorry if its in the wrong section!)

If £150 isn't enough I could stretch to £250 is needs must.
Last edited by Point2Point at Apr 15, 2012,
150 for a pa system isn't gonna get you very far. Bare minimum you're gonna need a powered mixer, and some unpowered speakers... or unpowered mixer and some powered speakers.

EDIT: missed that you already have a mixer. Grab a pair of powered speakers, plug them into your mixer, and you have a PA.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Apr 15, 2012,
Peavey do a cheap kit with a head, 2 speakers, cables and a think a mic. Think it's called the export, but not 100% sure.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
believe it's the passport, but the ones I have heard were pretty bad. Great for public speaking or something like that, crap for a band.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
believe it's the passport, but the ones I have heard were pretty bad. Great for public speaking or something like that, crap for a band.

Nah, the passport is the fender PA.

I looked it up and it's actually called the peavey audio performer.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt

That looks perfect!
Last edited by 667 at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by Eppicurt

Ahhhh right. I was mistaken. It was still really early here
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes