Hi Guys,

I've playing for 5 years now. I've managed to save up some cash and now want to buy a seven string guitar. I would really like the advice of some people here on what to buy. I'm from Delhi, India and the music shops here don't stock good 7 string guitar. I did go to the shop and try out a couple but didn't like them, so thinking of shipping one from US. So, as you can figure out, I really need to be sure of my choice before I get to buying some. I've been surfing randomly but can't seem to lock down on my choice.

tl;dr: Live in Delhi. Shops don't have good 7 strings, so want to get it from the US. Any advice? Specs below:

I would appreciate your help on this as this will be my first 7 string and I want to make a purchase that would last me for 2-3 years.

Thanks a lot guys
    Quote by _-Joey-_
    I always suggest an Agile - http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html
    They're not the best you can get, but they're under your budget price, & are pretty good. Think the biggest problem I've had with mine is that the battery cover broke off, which was my fault anyway.

TS has a $1000+ budget and you suggest a $400 guitar? waitwut?
    You may be able to get an ESP or high end LTD for that money. I'm not too sure about models but check out their site and see if anything tickles your fancy.
    [404]Signature not found
    Quote by jmaguire
    You may be able to get an ESP or high end LTD for that money. I'm not too sure about models but check out their site and see if anything tickles your fancy.

Plus import, plus shipping to India from the states...
    Quote by dann_blood
    Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
    Quote by jmaguire

Sorry for suggesting something that might save them a little bit of money. But for the price I think Agiles are good guitars. Why spend more when you can get what you want for cheaper than expected? My Agile 7-string (plus shipping) cost me less than buying what I originally wanted from within the UK (where I live), with pretty much the same specs. I'm not saying they should get an Agile, it was merely a suggestion.
    Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Apr 15, 2012,
    RG1527 + new pickups (DiMarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire probably your best bet).

I have no idea how much that would cost in the US, but it's a start. xD
    . . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
    . █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
    .███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
    . ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
    . . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
    Quote by _-Joey-_
    Sorry for suggesting something that might save them a little bit of money. But for the price I think Agiles are good guitars. Why spend more when you can get what you want for cheaper than expected? My Agile 7-string (plus shipping) cost me less than buying what I originally wanted from within the UK (where I live), with pretty much the same specs. I'm not saying they should get an Agile, it was merely a suggestion.

Agiles aren't bad guitars for the money. I just think TS would be happier with something higher quality and a bit nicer. If he/she is willing to spend more money then they may as well and get a better guitar.
    [404]Signature not found
    Quote by jmaguire
    Agiles aren't bad guitars for the money. I just think TS would be happier with something higher quality and a bit nicer. If he/she is willing to spend more money then they may as well and get a better guitar.

It's all good guys. I welcome any and every suggestion . Although I would like to go a little high end, since I don't plan on buying another guitar for the next 2 years so kinda putting all my money on this one. Keep the suggestions flowing!
    Quote by VVolverin3

I read that they have discontinued this model? Anyway, do you have any suggestions where the guitars come with good pups. I am buying crunch lab/liquifire for my 6 so I am really stretched out on budget
    Get a used Ibanez UV7. Best guitar I've ever played in my life. I traded my JEM7vwh for it. It just plays so sweet. Maybe throw a new bridge pup in but idk because mine came with a Dimarzio X2N7. Threw a BKP Nailbomb in there and holy shit.
    Guitars:
    Ibanez UV777P
    Ibanez RGD2127FX
    Ibanez RG3120TW
    Ibanez RGD7321
    Ibanez RG6003FM
    Ibanez SA160
    Jackson Slatxmg3-7
    Amps:
    Baron Custom Amps K88
    Rivera Knucklehead TRE
    Fryette Sig: X
    Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
    Cabs:
    Mesa 4x12
    Bogner 4x12
    Peavey 4x12(K85s)
    ibanez premium is meh :/ veneer top, horrid stock pickups, and its really not worth saving a couple extra bucks to just not step up to a prestige. i would go for the 1527 ( if u reconsider used)
    Quote by kangaxxter
    The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
    Might not be a bad option if he wants to go new though; sounds like he's going to replace the pups with CL/LF anyways.

EDIT: My bad, he's putting the new pups in a different guitar.
    Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Apr 15, 2012,
    Quote by VVolverin3

I actually came here to say this although it might push his budget if everything is new used shoukld be no problem
    Yeah that's a good point that, the 1527 is discontinued. Ibanez had a 7 string RG with EMGs in their 2012 catalogue but it's not on their website (it was an RG2000 something). You could also look at the RGD2127Z, that thing looks awesome.
    http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGD2127Z

There's also a bunch of new ESP LTD 7 string guitars that may or may not be of interest? Granted I don't know if you guys actually have them in stock yet. I'm pretty sure no one in Australia does but we're usually a few months behind.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/signature/aw-7.html
    http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/signature/bs-7.html
    http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/signature/buz-7.html

EDIT: Cool 7 string listing on the japanese Ibanez site:
    http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/7string.html
    Shows the 7 string w/ EMGs I mentioned, the 2627Z
    . . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
    . . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
    Last edited by VVolverin3 at Apr 15, 2012,
    Personally I find Jackson far superior to Ibanez, I live in Australia so I'm not sure about your prices, but you will definitely be able to find something really good in that price range. They all come stock with tremolos as well, and better pickups than ibanez stock as well.
    Quote by danresn
    Personally I find Jackson far superior to Ibanez, I live in Australia so I'm not sure about your prices, but you will definitely be able to find something really good in that price range. They all come stock with tremolos as well, and better pickups than ibanez stock as well.

Any particular recommendations?
    The only seven string Jacksons I know of are the old Christian Olde Wolbers sig, the SLAT3-7 and the new Chris Broderick one (although I'm not even sure if that's still going). No disrespect to Jackson but since you're looking for a 7 string I would definitely recommend Ibanez/ESP as better bang for buck/etc.
    . . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
    . . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
    If you hunt around, you should be able to find a used ESP Horizon 7. Granted you might be hard pressed to find one in that range. Not sure, all I know is they're amazing guitars.

My things:
    Bowes SLx7
    Washburn WG587
    Washburn X40Pro
    Washburn X50
    Washburn HM24
    Washburn WR150
    Laguna LE200s
    Arietta Acoustic
    First Act
    Valveking 112
    VHT Deliverance

ibanez premium, these look awesome, would need a pickup change like most ibanezs but they do look amazing

esp ltd, the new whitechapel/unearth signatures look amazing and have really good pickups, i personally would go with one of these,
    Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
    Schecter C7 ATX
    Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
    used jp7?
    ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
    Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
    Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
    Quote by omidmash
    used jp7?

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am very skeptical about buying second hand things before testing it out myself.

And anyway, I have pretty much made up my mind regarding the Ibanez. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!