This came on Friday morning so I waited a few days so I could write a little review of my initial thoughts. Here it is!

So now I've actually spent some time with this thing all I can say is WOW! I've only tried the presets so far but from what I've heard I'm pretty impressed to say the least. The first preset I tested was the PVH 6160, since I have a 6505 I figured it would be the closest preset I could A/B with. While it did lack some low end balls compared to the 6505, it actually held up much better than I thought it might. I actually think the clarity was much more defined on the Axe FX and I could hear my notes ringing through when playing chords much more so than with the amp.

Next I tried some clean presets in hope of a Cemetary Gates sort of style and found it pretty quickly. I can't really compare the cleans with the 6505 because the Axe is in a realm of it's own in that situation, but I love the thickness you get to it compared to other processors I have heard where there always seems to be something missing. Most of the effects I've heard are similar to my TC Electronics G Major 2 (which I love) so I'm happy with the various options I've got with that.

All in all I'm so stoked on this, now just to get some clips!

Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Last edited by Bastard Son at Apr 15, 2012,
Dang. Nice snax.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Nice!! Well the awesome thing is if you need more refined Low end.. Just add it.

Interested in some clips. I want a II so bad, but my rig sounds so good right now its hard to justify.
/rig
awesomesauce! MUST HAVE CLIIIIPPPPPSSSSS!!!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Thanks guys!

I literally just worked my way through the presets without touching a single setting just to give me a rough idea what things were there. I've got some monitors on order so once they are here (few days hopefully) I should get a clip up!
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
HNGD!

How is the volume control on the Axe? Does it retain tone at whisper volumes? What are you using as a power amp?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
HNGD Bastard
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
<-- Jealous
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Quote by Offworld92
HNGD!

How is the volume control on the Axe? Does it retain tone at whisper volumes? What are you using as a power amp?

I haven't played for too long but I have played both quiet and loud this weekend and I didn't really notice any difference whatsoever. I imagine it won't change anyway being a processor.

At the moment I'm just using my 6505 as a power amp for it. Not sure which route to go down (power amp, FRFR setup). I don't think I will do either for a while though since I'm just going to be at home recording most of the time. But if I was to buy a power amp right now I would probably go for the Matrix GT800FX.

Thanks everyone!
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Needs less 2 and more ultra

haha, HNGD bro I should have something like this to post in a few days hopefully tomorrow
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Too many Axe II NGD's. Too many GAS inducing posts.

I hate all you Axe people.

HNGD!

Haha, if I spam the link in your sig to get you some more pennies will you love me more?
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by Seanthesheep
only one more month to go.........

It's worth the wait!
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by Bastard Son
Haha, if I spam the link in your sig to get you some more pennies will you love me more?

I'll send you a cookie once the Axe actually arrives still a long way to go aw well, Axe III will be out by the time I raise 3 grands
Quote by stratman_13
Sexy.

Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Nice. Hngd
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.