Hi,im having problem understanding my new gt 100, but i think its the same as the 10.
I have a marshall jcm 900 and a marshall speaker.I am new to pedals, im more of a les paul marshall guy. The only pedal i use is cry baby.
but i decided that i wanna try new sounds.I want to do 2 things,
1, i wanna have my marshall sound and use it only for effects without any presets or amp from the gt 100.
Just start from 0 or blank , and add effects.
2, I want to play with the gt,s amps , and use my marshall speaker, without getting the jcm sound... I tried but the volume was very low.
Apreciate any help, thanks.
Nothing you say makes sense. What do you want?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
1, i wanna have my marshall sound and use the gt only for effects without any presets or amp from the gt 100.
Just start from 0 or blank , and add effects.
2, I want to play with the gt,s amps , and use my marshall speaker, without getting the jcm sound... I tried but the volume was very low.
You really need to sit down with the manual and spend a few hours playing around with it - it is going to explain it much better than anyone on here.

To quickly answer you questions (and i have never used a gt100)
1. turn pre-amps/eq off
2.select pre-amp and run through clean channel on your jcm - you cant just run the board straight into your cab.

Someone familiar with the board may correct me but that's the general deal with multi/preamp sims. Seriously read the manual or watch some youtube tutorials, some of those boards require science degree's to understand (or maybe im getting too old )
Last edited by zero at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by zero
You really need to sit down with the manual and spend a few hours playing around with it - it is going to explain it much better than anyone on here.

To quickly answer you questions (and i have never used a gt100)
1. turn pre-amps/eq off
2.select pre-amp and run through clean channel on your jcm - you cant just run the board straight into your cab.

Someone familiar with the board may correct me but that's the general deal with multi/preamp sims. Seriously read the manual or watch some youtube tutorials, some of those boards require science degree's to understand (or maybe im getting too old )

That's pretty much the gist of it. My guitarist screwed around with his GT for hours at a time until we just took an afternoon to sit down and power through the manual.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
you are looking for the 4 cable method. thats what its called. i do the same with my gt10. i cant dig up much on the gt100 but what i did find is that many people are using it this way. here is a GT10 4 cm setup that SHOULD be the same. remember though you need to enable the s/r fx loop in the gt100 to enable your amps preamp to run. if not you will only be using the power amp of the amp. also to use the amp preamp you must turn off the preamp on the gt100.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xycl.de%2Fen%2Fguitar-effects%2Fboss-gt%2F4-cable-method.html&ei=cdCKT9H-OuLf0gGu2rj4CQ&usg=AFQjCNHk5pt_x1wl1EDYJBKGZ99Bj1IOnA

to use your marshal poweramp just use the 4cm method and use the preamp on the pedal. it will automatically knock out the preamp on the amp and use the gt100 as the preamp. volume and noise may be an issue at first but there are several ways to control both in the gt10 and im sure the same ways are available in the gt100.

hope this helps some.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right