Yes, highly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Selfish =/= bad
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Meh, most of my life I've not had anyone else believing in me, so I've had to do it for myself. So no.

/emo
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Quote by whoomit
No, confidence =/= selfishness. Why would you even ask that?

so..you can believe in yourself without thinking yourself higher then others ?
If Jesus didn't believe in himself would it be blasphemy?
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Quote by Joshthedamaja

Jesus was Jewish, not Christian

disclaimer yes this is a joke take a deep breath if you got offended/annoyed
Quote by Joshthedamaja

this has nothing to do with jesus
I am, at best, an illusion.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The world is not split into black and white absolutes and there is a lot more to this than 'goodies' and 'baddies'.
Yeah, but it's a case where thinking about your own ass is not a bad thing
This thread is just...
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Having faith in yourself or your abilities =/= being selfish or egotistical. In fact, they're fundamentally different.

The answer is no.

It's selfish to think only of yourself, ignoring the concerns, wants, and needs of others, as well as your actions' effects on them. Believing in yourself doesn't mean you think you're superior at the expense of others; it just means that you're aware of what you can do, trust that, and don't doubt it/shy away from it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Apr 15, 2012,
That's silly. I believe in myself because I'm better than the competition, I wouldn't be arsed to do much if I didn't believe I was better than the rest. It's not selfish, I'm just better.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Who the **** cares, selfishness isn't inherently bad.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Stugg334
That's silly. I believe in myself because I'm better than the competition, I wouldn't be arsed to do much if I didn't believe I was better than the rest. It's not selfish, I'm just better.

arrogant maybe?
Quote by strat0blaster
Having faith in yourself or your abilities =/= being selfish or egotistical. In fact, they're fundamentally different.

The answer is no.

It's selfish to think only of yourself, ignoring the concerns, wants, and needs of others, as well as your actions' effects on them. Believing in yourself doesn't mean you think you're superior at the expense of others; it just means that you're aware of what you can do, trust that, and don't doubt it/shy away from it.

thanks that helped
You can, in fact, believe in yourself while not thinking of yourself as better than others.
So no, not selfish.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
arrogant maybe?

I was being somewhat deliberately over the top there. But, for instance, I had a football match today (soccer), and I'd expect to be in the starting 11, which I was, because I believe that I'm better than all the people on the subs bench. Not the best in the team, just in the best 11. Hell, if I don't believe it, who else would? I'm saying that I wouldn't even bother turning up to training unless I believed that I could add something by being in the best 11. If I was grateful that I wasn't playing because I thought it would be better for the team, I'd quit. If that's arrogant, then I'm arrogant.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.