http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=338sTziQ8ok&feature=player_embedded

What are your opinions on this lineup that performed?
IMO, it sounded great with Myles, it was just missing Izzy, personally I'd like to see a Myles fronted GNR, but Axl will never give up the name, and Myles has too many projects on anyway..

In the performance the lineup was:

Matt Sorum - Drums (Just for Mr. Brownstone)
Steven Adler - Drums (Other songs)
Duff McKagan - Bass
Gilby Clarke - Guitar
Slash - Guitar
Myles Kennedy - Vocals
"Dreams fucking come true!" - Myles Kennedy
Looks like a good line up to me - probably the best they'll get for the Hall of Fame, if anyone plays at all.

Always been a big fan of Gilby - he may not have done much with GNR, but his solo work is excellent.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by meh217
Axl Rose is a huge asshole. There, I said it.

You're only saying what we're all thinking XD
"Dreams fucking come true!" - Myles Kennedy
I saw Slash play live with Myles on vocals last year and as a big fan of Alter Bridge also I feel that he's the best singer at the moment for the 'Axl' voice.
Always been a big fan of Gilby - he may not have done much with GNR, but his solo work is excellent..........
(Invalid img)
Was a great performance and was awesome to see all those guys on stage again. Missed Izzy though. Axls just a douche and couldn't be bothered to get off his fat ass and jam with the REAL Guns N Roses. Such a little titty baby. Great night for the original guys and he fans. Would live to see them form a band.
Did the Beastie Boys play? Because that's all I really care about.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Slash has said in his autobiography that he never felt that Gilby Clarke's playing fit with the band, but Axl forced the others to let him in.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by Crofty89
Slash has said in his autobiography that he never felt that Gilby Clarke's playing fit with the band, but Axl forced the others to let him in.

That's because Gilby's arrival signalled the end of the punk style they started with. It became stadium rock at that point.
Quote by master
I'm so happy for Adler!

+1

His style was a huge part of GnR. Nightrain without his drumming style would be weird.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by SG_dave
**** me, Matt Sorum was right never give a drummer a mic. He would not shut the **** up.

I think he talked for longer than everyone else put together.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
as stated in the other thread I actually respect Axl for turning them down. He shouldn't be guilt tripped or booed into playing with G'n'R (and pay for attending as the sex pistols letter claims) so that the Rock and Roll hall of fame can act smug and rake in some ticket money.
He did a good job singing, I would have liked to see Axl though. Oh well.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
They did the best they could with what they had.

However, Axl is an ass for turning up to his shows late, calling his current band GnR, walking off stage because he can't have his own way etc. He is not an ass for not turning up to this. He has every right to decline it. He has a new band now and wants to focus on that and not what happened in the past. Yes, he should play under a different name but I don't see a problem with him not being there. Same with Izzy. I'm a massive Izzy fan and woulda love of to seen him there, but that's not his thing anymore. And that's completely understandable.
Quote by meh217
Axl Rose is a huge asshole. There, I said it.

The fuck is wrong with you? I mean like, really? Wow. Just 'wow', man.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Axl is fat, bald and has false teeth. Also, he takes extended shit breaks during shows, forcing the rest of his band to cover for him, while he pops a vein in his head from straining.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It aint Guns N Roses without Izzy muhfuckin Stradlin.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Since everyone is going on about how Axl or Izzy should have been there, I have to say:

Where was Tracii Guns?
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by Crofty89
Since everyone is going on about how Axl or Izzy should have been there, I have to say:

Where was Tracii Guns?

He never contributed to any guns n roses album...why does he deserve to be there?

Axl has every right not to show up , it would undermine his current band and doesn't deserve to be booed for his amazing contribution to music. Myles kennedy is an awful singer with no power who sounds like a woman on his higher notes.
Last edited by burghUK at Apr 15, 2012,
I'm wearing my Guns N Roses 2006 tour shirt right now. Axl and minions came on stage at 2:30 am for that show. Sebastian Bach finished his set a little before 10pm. It was a kickass show, but I prefer that shows don't end at 4 in the morning...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Crofty89

Where was Tracii Guns?

Tracii Guns may have been part of why GNR are called what they are, but he has never been seen as one of the 'real' GNR and hasn't really contributed much to the GNR legacy.

He's far better off with his version of LA Guns - an excellent band in their own right.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I find it funny how the band that performed at the Hall of Fame was composed by a set of completely different musicians from the band currently called Guns N' Roses. Let's say, hypothetically, that this band was performing at the same time as Axl's band... which one is the real Guns N' Roses? Mindf*ck.

Quote by darkstar2466
It aint Guns N Roses without Izzy muhfuckin Stradlin.

Pretty much.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by cxrlxscr
I find it funny how the band that performed at the Hall of Fame was composed by a set of completely different musicians from the band currently called Guns N' Roses. Let's say, hypothetically, that this band was performing at the same time as Axl's band... which one is the real Guns N' Roses? Mindf*ck.

Pretty much.

The REAL Guns N Roses?

Despite what anybody here thinks, the facts are that band lineups change and the only way to define what GNR currently are is to look at contracts & legal papers. Legally, Axl owns the name therefore his band are currently the real GNR whether people like it or not.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by GaryBillington
The REAL Guns N Roses?

Despite what anybody here thinks, the facts are that band lineups change and the only way to define what GNR currently are is to look at contracts & legal papers. Legally, Axl owns the name therefore his band are currently the real GNR whether people like it or not.

There's, in a legal sense 2 gnrs. One that was a partnership with slash, duff, izzy and axl. That effectively ended when axl quit the band and created a new Band under the same name and forced the rest of the guys to sign contracts giving him full control. He was a total **** rag for doing it. Izzy stated it was this that made him quit. His own best friend demoted him down to a hired hand. One by one they quit until he was the last man standing with all the power, just how he wanted.

The former band was inducted last night under the name Guns N Roses, they played Guns N Roses songs also under the Guns N Roses name. There were 5 GNR alumni on stage last night. Axl has just himself and some keyboardist who never contributed. I'll take the former any day. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me who GNR is. By that logic Axl could sign it over to Lady GaGa and she'd = gnr.

Guns N Roses are the guys who made the music.

Appetite for Destruction
Use Your Illusions 1 & 2
GN'R Lies
The Spaghetti Incident.

Hell, most of the CD era artists aren't even around. Its just axl and his "yes men" like his maid Beta and her son along with his slave boy dizzy.
Last edited by uziyourillusion at Apr 15, 2012,
I have to wonder if half of the people that always bitch about Axl have ever even BEEN fans of the band, or if they're just following the "it's cool to hate Axl" trend.

Anyway, I wish Axl and Izzy would've shown up to this thing, if not to play together, then to at least make some kind of peace with each other. I'm more invested in the new band (I think Chinese Democracy is actually a pretty great album) and whatever they put out in the future, than a reunion with the old guys, but it sucks seeing one of my favorite singers so damn bitter and unable to move forward with his version of Guns.

I do think dragging out Myles to sing with them was a little wrong though. It feels really weird, to say the least, having Slash's solo project singer up there with the rest of the old Guns members during their induction.
Myles is a great singer but he doesn't have the attack or power in his upper register required for the GNR material. SCOM is great but he sounds like a cheap imitation of Brownstone, and Civil War loses all power.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I agree but what else are you gonna do when axl doesn't show. It was their night and they wanted to jam a few songs to celebrate. Bitter old Axl couldn't be bothered to thank his fellow alumni and 3 measily ass songs. People will always want a reunion anyway, what's 3 songs gonna do?

Thanks to these 5 guys for staying true to the fans.

Gratz to these guys.
Last edited by uziyourillusion at Apr 15, 2012,
actually, its a bit shit dizzy reed didnt play either - some of his piano stuff on uyi were pretty sweet, and definitely missed Izzy.

and, they had to have a singer - can you imagine how boring SCOM would sound as an instrumental? the exact same for three to four minutes? Myles is a boss for doing what axl cant.

oh well, whatever.