Poll: Who would you feel bad/pity for?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who would you feel bad/pity for?
Metal band at non metal show
37 27%
Non metal band at metal show
101 73%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 2
A lone metal band playing at a non-metal show or a lone non-metal band playing at an all metal show?

I ask because I went and saw a metal band I enjoyed on friday and the opening act was this generally green day cover band. Nobody was really into them.

Keep in mind this is if you have any feeling anyway.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
inb4 non-metal band playing a metal show

cos tehy hav 2 play a sho wit metal banz n ther r durty metal fanz ther 2 hurp durp lololol

inb4 metal band playing a non-metal show

cos tehy r a stoopid metal ban n metal is gay
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Metalheads are loners who are used to playing music to noone so I think the non-metal band at a metal show have to tougher croud to deal with
Non-metal band at a metal show so I could turn my nose up at everybody.

EDIT: I read this as "who would you rather be" for some reason.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Apr 15, 2012,
Metal band at a non metal show would just pull a small crowd, and maybe or maybe not gather one or 2 new fans.

Non metal band at a metal show would get raped on the stage. Several times over.

Metalheads really are ****ing knuckle draggers when it comes to other music, and I say that as a big fan of it myself.
The comments on Download Festival's facebook page this year make me sad for humans. Just because the Prodigy are headlining.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
The comments on Download Festival's facebook page this year make me sad for humans. Just because the Prodigy are headlining.

Yea, I've also seen the same comments at Chase and Status. Even though I've seen bigger moshpits at both artists than a few metal concerts. And nicer people too...
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Non-metal band, because lots of metalheads are assholes.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My band isn't metal but gets on lots of all metal shows for some reason. The fans of the other bands are actually pretty receptive usually. I'd feel worse for a metal band at a non-metal show because if you're at, say, a pop show and a metal band comes up its a lot harder to get into.
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
Quote by theogonia777
inb4 non-metal band playing a metal show

cos tehy hav 2 play a sho wit metal banz n ther r durty metal fanz ther 2 hurp durp lololol

inb4 metal band playing a non-metal show

cos tehy r a stoopid metal ban n metal is gay

You forgot to inb4 metal band playing at metal show because all metal sucks etc etc.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Metal band at non-metal show:
Crowd uses the time to get drunk and stare awkwardly at the band.

Non-metal band at metal show:
Crowd stones the band to death.
Quote by DonGlover
You forgot to inb4 metal band playing at metal show because all metal sucks etc etc.

That wasn't an option in the OP.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Ghostmaker

Non-metal band at metal show:
Crowd stones the band to death.

Just ask Nickelback.

Although they handled that kinda poorly.
The second one, metalheads are way less open to different kinds of music.

For option one, unless it was a really poppy show or a really country show, the average audience would still try to make the best of it for the most part. For option two, the audience would be much more likely to boo them off.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by theogonia777
That wasn't an option in the OP.

Hasn't stopped posters from expressing that in virtually any thread involving metal in The Pit.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'd say a non metal band at metal gig would go better. Seeing as a lot of the general public are too sensitive unused to the more aggressive and/or abrasive metal sounds, I think that a single metal band at a folk gig or a pop gig would struggle. On the other hand, a lot of metal bands; even the most ear-rapey ones, include softer influences and elements such as the odd acoustic section, ambient interludes and such. A metalhead might cope better with a non metal band than a non metalhead with a metal band for those reasons.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 15, 2012,
Quote by Banjocal
I'd say a non metal band at metal gig would go better. Seeing as a lot of the general public are too stupid unused to the more aggressive and/or abrasive metal sounds, I think that a single metal band at a folk gig or a pop gig would struggle. On the other hand, a lot of metal bands; even the most ear-rapey ones, include softer influences and elements such as the odd acoustic section, ambient interludes and such. A metalhead might cope better with a non metal band than a non metalhead with a metal band for those reasons.

Metalheads aren't as vicious as they seem but I'll admit that at metal festivals whenever the more punk/hardcore bands took the stage that was my "lets go hit the bar cause this music sucks" time
Ehh, probably a non-metal band.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
2nd option
Metal bands generally don't care as long as they get a show.....

The non-metal band would have a much harder time, as they'd have to impress the crowd of long haired metal-heads who want solo's and head banging and mosh pits
Metal band, because their existence must be so tragic that they'd actually be in a metal band.
Quote by seljer
Metalheads aren't as vicious as they seem but I'll admit that at metal festivals whenever the more punk/hardcore bands took the stage that was my "lets go hit the bar cause this music sucks" time
That's most likely why your taste in music isn't very varied.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
The audience.

Quote by kaptink
In both cases I would feel worse for the audience.

God damn it.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Obviously the second option; metal fanboys can be ferocious.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I went to a national metak fest 2 weeks ago and the opening band played really awful generic metalcore garbage. Everyone just stood there, with their arms crossed, motionless, untill they finished their set. I feel no pity for them though, since they sucked.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
neither. the bad metal band playing at a mostly metal show with 1 punk band.

they were called Hammer Fight and they ****ing sucked.
Any metal band. They all have shit fanboys. Plus, in every other genre of music you get groupies, in metal you get some greasy-haired, social reject with acne like Vesuvius and a hard on for any retard who can play fast.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I just laugh at metal bands in non-metal shows.

Actually... I laugh at metal bands all the time.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
People must think they're so original for putting anti-metal comments...

But yeah I think it's situational. My band (metal) did a show with no other metal bands, we played with rock coverbands. The guys in the other bands were kind of jerks but we didn't care because we had a fun time.

And when I saw that Green Day esque band Friday at a metal show, there wasn't any jumpin around but the guys in the metal bands were mostly paying attention, they weren't looking or acting like jerks which was nice.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
>People who don't know many 'metul heads' saying they are all close minded dirty long haired ****s

The majority of people around here who are considered metalheads are pretty open minded. If heard way more metal bashing than 'all other music' bashing
Non-metal band at metal show. Metal fans are quite... different to those that are fans of non-metal, to say the least. I'm one of those responsible for complaining about non-metal bands at metal shows =_=
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
I've been in the band that was the only metal act at a show. It sucks, ands its quite discouraging. Everyone in the crowds favorite band is BMTH and were on stage playing Prog Death metal. Bad mix.
Sail upon the open skies
Well I know I lot of people who love metal who are into other kinds of music. And I know a bunch of people who automatically dismiss a band if they are considered metal without ever listening to them, because of "oh noooo, their music is kind of aggressive. I'm can't listen to that."

So I would say metal band at non-metal show.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2