Can anyone recommend me some good indie surf rock? Preferably not with too much fuzz
The phrase "too much fuzz" frightens and confuses me.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I'd be interested in some also. Subscribed.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
"not too much fuzz"?????? How can there EVER be too much fuzz...? ^o)

anyway, listen to Mars Water, Girls and The Drums.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Hahaha I agree, there can never be too much fuzz!!! But I already know a lot of fuzz soaked bands (not a bad thing), I'm just looking for something else, something "clearer"
Quote by rockstar2be
Mars water or water on mars?

Mars Water, it's the bandname
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Drums, Surf City, French Films, Beach Fossils...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
Thanks for all the replies! I have surfer rosa from pixies, does bossanova sound more surf?
oh yeah, they're not indie but just listen to the (early) Beach Boys. They're awesome surf rock
Quote by Ulalume
If you're not a pussy, then The Giraffes are exactly what you're looking for. It may not be apparent at first, but signature tracks like "Man U" and "The Power Of Fatherhood" will help you see the surf-metal light.

The Giraffes: Man U

Their most recent stuff is more surf-y, and all instrumental. It's worth checking their whole catalog out though.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Apr 15, 2012,
nobunny, nodzzz, wavves, BEST COAST, oberhofer(not really surf), newer mgmt is great,

best coast has a lot of great stuff
I sorta like that song that goes "I wish I had a boyfriend."

I went to a Girls show once because Nobunny was opening for them, but I didn't really like Girls so I just left after Nobunny finished. That was lame of me.
Ya I heard Nobunny was opening for 'em, I thought that was interesting. I like Girls so i would've stuck around.
I'm going to second Man or Astro-Man? They've been around for years, have a huge catalogue, and have recently been touring intermittently. Their live show is beyond description.