Just curious for those who have solid body guitars. Single coil pick ups have just one single row and humbucker has 2. so on ur guitar that short wide metal plate?? does that cover that so called humbuker pick up. Because i dont wanna unscrew and mess up my guitar???
0_o

I'm going to try and interpret what you just typed. Yes you can take the humbucker cover off but the pickup will be smothered in wax so you would have to melt it off. It's not advised though, you should just replaced the pickups, because the lack of wax on some pickups can cause awful squeaky noises.
Quote by Point2Point
0_o

I'm going to try and interpret what you just typed. Yes you can take the humbucker cover off but the pickup will be smothered in wax so you would have to melt it off. It's not advised though, you should just replaced the pickups, because the lack of wax on some pickups can cause awful squeaky noises.

The guy who owns this small guitar shop where I live takes his pickups next door the the nail salon to dip his pickups in the wax. I don't know how relevant this is, but I've always wanted to tell someone and it never comes up in conversation.
Does that helps?

Standard single coil

Tele neck singlecoil (covered)

'Lipstick' single coil

P-90 (gibson style singlecoil)

Phat cat (humbucker size P-90)

Humbuckers (Tops one have a cover over the coils, lower ones don't)

The cover can be taken off. Sometimes its soldered, you have to heat the solder then cut it with a razor blade or something.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Does that helps?

Standard single coil

Tele neck singlecoil (covered)

'Lipstick' single coil

P-90 (gibson style singlecoil)

Phat cat (humbucker size P-90)

Humbuckers (Tops one have a cover over the coils, lower ones don't)

The cover can be taken off. Sometimes its soldered, you have to heat the solder then cut it with a razor blade or something.

OOOHHHH ok i have the phat cat pickups sweet thanks man