I've got a few pedals already.. Building the physical board today in about an hour or so. So far, I have room for about 2-3 more pedals. I'm running a Mesa Bottle Rocket OD, Boss DD3 Delay, Boss 7-Band EQ, and an old 80's yellow Flanger. Looking to add a small multi-effect unit to the board as well. It will probably replace the flanger. I like my DD3 too much to replace that with, unless I really find something nice. So my question is:

Multi-Effects wise, what would you recommend? I've got about 500 bucks to blow and I'm not in need of single pedals. I'm not after any amp simulations or anything like that. The OD or distortion doesn't have to be that great as I probably won't use it. The delay I probably won't use, but if it ends up better that my boss DD3, I'd replace it. My second question is:

I've been looking at the TC Electronic Nova System. It's got a compressor that seems to get decent reviews from what I have read (It's got to be better than the piece of junk Danelectro compressor I have), your basic modulation effects, reverb, delay, and a couple other odds and ends. Is the Nova System worth the money?

Never really was a big pedal guy, but I need to change some things up.. So I figured I'd get my feet wet a little here.
You may want to look into one of the Line 6 M pedals.

Or you could just go balls out and get an HD500 and just not use the amp/cab sims.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've got news for you: your delay is digital. does it sound that way? Most of the TCE systems' effects are digital too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I know that, I'm not an idiot. I guess it was bad wording. Line 6 stuff seems to.. Eh don't know exactly the word I'm looking for.. Seems cheesy to me I guess would be the best way to put it. I've messed with a few of them and they're not my cup of tea. I've heard the nova system before, sadly I didn't really pay attention when I got to hear it. Hence why I'm asking here.
The Line 6 M series is pretty solid. As is the POD HD series. The TCE Nova systems are great as well. If you don't need the amp modeling and connectability to the computer, then go with the TCE. But try it out if you can first.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
The Line 6 M series is pretty solid. As is the POD HD series. The TCE Nova systems are great as well. If you don't need the amp modeling and connectability to the computer, then go with the TCE. But try it out if you can first.

I definitely don't need the amp modeling with the couple nice ones I have. Looking mostly for compression, modulation, and reverb. Perhaps delay if it trumps the dd3.
Compression is maybe the most important thing evar.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
It's nice to have on hand to use tastefully, that's for sure. I usually use it to even everything out through solos. I usually consider my OD more important though.